Seventeen

I was with Becky when my phone started ringing. It's a call from Saints. I can't possibly take the call here infront of Becky, so I excused myself and went outside to take that.

"What's up. You're not supposed to call me at this hour" I said as soon as I answered.

"I know Freen but something came up"

"What came up?"

"The court case is going as planned and presentation of the document is tomorrow."

I know about that. But we have the original copy and Mr Armstrong will definitely lose the case. So what is it they want?

"We are also having our undercover investigation to fish out all the crime he committed as a minister 21 years ago" He continued.

"All the file including videos and pictures of his works won't be released to us without his consent"

"So what do you want me to do?"

"An authorization letter has been sent to you. You will receive it before evening. We need you to get Mr. Armstrong into signing the paper..."

"You are joking right?" I cut him off

Is he kidding me? How the hell am i supposed to get him to sign on a paper without reading it?

"Freen we need this..."

"How am I gonna get him into signing a paper Saints? I don't have any paperwork business with him..."

"Get him to do it through the son or the daughter"

Is he crazy? He wants me to use Becky? Richie isn't in town so it's obviously Becky. I don't want to bring Becky into this and she will never forgive me if she finds out I used her for something that will affect her family.

"I am not doing it Saints" I simply said.

"What Freen? This is exactly what you're sent there for. To get things like this done easily. Please don't disappoint us. We are hoping on you"

"I can't Saints. Is there no other way...?

"Which other way is more easier than this?" He asked cutting me off and. I got silent.

"I know you're smart Freen. You know what to do to get it done." He continued.

I let out a sigh and ended the call. I am completely sad right now. I never for once thought that I will ever have to drag Becky into this and I don't want to disappoint my friends either.

I am overthinking this a lot but I need to relax. What matters the most right now is Becky's health. Why is she so down this morning? I snapped out of my thoughts and started walking back inside.

Becky is already sleeping when I got inside her room. I sat beside her and held her hand. She told me before now that her wrist doesn't hurt anymore but it's still red and I know it must still be hurting a little. I feel bad that I hurt her because I couldn't control my anger when I saw her kissing someone else.

I sat calmly watching her as she sleeps until Mrs. Ree came in with the doctor. I moved aside immediately so the doctor can do his job. He started examining her forcing her to open her eyes. After some minutes he walked back to us.

"She took a substance that she's allergic to" the doctor said.

That came as a big shock to me. A substance? Becky does drugs? Since when? I didn't know about this at all.

"I am sorry doctor but as far as I know, Becky doesn't do drugs" Mrs Ree said in surprise.

I am equally surprised. I have been with her for roughly two weeks now and I haven't had any reason to think she might be into drugs. It's good that Mrs. Ree also thinks the same.