Twenty

It's two days already and I am all better. It's a sad moment for my family since the court rendered the document we presented invalid and we are likely to lose the case which means losing the property as well.

My dad has traveled out of town as he always does in the morning, that's good since I can have the time to do what I want. Miss Sarocha on the other hand has been coming and as always she's been sweet to me.

I want to shop for the things I need in the house and she will definitely come with me. I dressed up in an instant and got out of my room. She stood up when she saw me as I walk down the stairs. She isn't taking her eyes off me making me blush a little. Why is she so beautiful this evening?

"You look great" She complimented when I got closer to her.

"You too" I mouthed shyly.

She smiled and grabbed the car key that was on the table. We stormed out of the house to the car. After putting on our seatbelts, we drove off to the supermarket.

She pushes the cart as she follows me around. I am having a funny imagination right now. Why does it feel like married couple picking up some groceries together? It's so sweet the way she follows me without complaining. We will make a great couple. I was smiling at my thoughts when...

"Becky?" She called warmly taking me out of my thoughts.

She's looking at me worriedly as if there's something wrong. Did something happen? I looked at her so she can tell me why she called me.

"Are you alright?". She asked worriedly.

"Yeah?" I responded not sure why she asked.

"You have been smiling since we got here. And that pack you're holding, we already got about 5 of them. Are you sure you're using the list? Because we have been moving in circles and you're picking things we have picked before" she said.

My jaw dropped when I saw that the cart is already filled up. Gosh, I can't believe I got lost in my thoughts and why is she telling me this just now? I smiled at her nervously.

"Let's make this 6 then" I awkwardly said and dropped it in the cart.

I feel so embarrassed right now but thankfully she didn't understand a thing. She doesn't know I was lost while thinking about her all these while. We got to the counter to pay and ...

"Here" we both said in unison.

I turned to her instantly. Is she kidding me right now? She wants to pay for me? Why? Not her doing this here as well. I can deal with her paying for my meals each time we eat together in a restaurant but not her paying for all these as well.

"What are you doing?" I asked in a low voice.

"Kids don't pay for their needs" she said.

I can't explain how that made me feel. I tried my best to ignore that part while trying to stop her without being so obvious. She only smiled and looked back at the cashier. Who is already confused over whose card to take.

"No don't do this please" I said trying to change her mind but she didn't stop.

"I would like to pay for these please" she said to the cashier.

The cashier nodded and took her card. I can't explain how that made me feel. I got sad and started walking out of the supermarket.

"Becky?" I can hear her calling me but I ignored her.

Why does she always do this? My emotions are everywhere. I mean those things are quite expensive and she just gonna pay for me? For what? She never really allows me pay for things.