forty three

Freen may have used me to get at my family in the past but right now she's protecting my family even though it may harm hers. She's putting my family first before hers and I don't know how that makes me feel. It's almost a week with her and the last day to submit evidence against the case in court.

It's morning. As early as 6am. We are in her bed and she's still sleeping soundly. She must be tired after our usual midnight and early morning exercises. I freed out of her arms and got dressed instantly. I grabbed my purse and phone and got out of her room.

It's still early that even Heng was still sleeping when I left. I walked down to the bus stop and stopped a taxi. Not long after I entered, Mr. Gab started calling me. I quickly picked.

"Everything is ready ma'am" he said over the phone.

I dropped my phone back as we drove in silence to the place. It was an average building for an average legal practitioner.

"Miss Armstrong, you're here" He said as he stretched his hand.

"Good morning attorney" I said and took his hand.

"Please have a seat" he said while pointing at an empty chair infront of him.

But I ignored him and started walking around his office. Watching the pictures on the wall. They are pictures of him and his clients. Plus his achievements and awards. Guess he's a good lawyer. Freen has a good attorney. the problem is not from the lawyer, it's from my dad then. He's probably teaming with the court.

"I will be quick attorney. I have something that will help in your case" I said and turned to him.

He's so shocked right now. Probably wondering why I came this early to give something against my family.

"Uhmm. Miss Armstrong. I think you must be mistaking something here. I am not your dad's lawyer...."

"I know. But you see, it is very important to meet with you this morning."

"Why?"

I took out a flash and dropped it on the table. The flash contains the audio recording and some other files that are also important.

"This is what you need. I also want to come in as a witness if the need arises but until then, let's keep our meeting confidential. No one else should know about this. Not even your client" I said.

"Not even my client?" He asked to be sure he heard right.

"Yes. Winning your case is what matters most right? It doesn't matter how you achieve that" I said

"Are you sure you want to do this...?" He asked worriedly.

"Why not take a look at what's in the drive first" I said and sat down this time.

The attorney inserted the drive into his computer and after a short period, the audio started playing. He looked at me immediately with so much shock on his face.

"Miss Armstrong, are you aware of what this may cost your family?" He asked in shock.

"I know"

Silence

"Promise me that you will protect my family as well..."

"Miss Armstrong, it's not so easy."

"I know. But you have to at least try"

He let out a sigh and rested his back on his chair. He's looking at me worriedly and after a while he nodded.

"Okay. I will do my best" he said. I smiled at him and stood up to go.