Thirty Five

"welcome Mr. Richie... Oh" Kimmy paused as soon as she saw me walk in as well.

"Hi Kimmy. Is everything ready for my meeting today?" Richie said.

"Yes sir" she responded without taking her eyes off me.

Kimmy is Richie's personal assistant. She has been with him for as long as I can remember and she fixes things in his place whenever he isn't around. But just like my dad's secretary, I have history with Kimmy. Not a so good one actually.

Richie and I walked into his office with Kimmy behind us. I am nervous, I haven't really seen her after that night.

"Please make yourself comfortable Becky. Kimmy is here to serve you. Just request whatever you need and it shall be given to you" Richie said and I smiled.

Kimmy also smiled as she gets Richie's files ready for his meeting that would kick off in 10 minutes.

"I am sorry Becky. I have to go now. But it won't take long. Thanks for agreeing to come with me" he concluded and I nodded again like a child.

"So Kimmy, I want you to...." Richie said as he leaves the office with Kimmy. I couldn't hear the rest before the door shut.

I let out a sigh and dropped my handbag on the sofa. It went well though. After many years of avoiding her, we finally met again. But thanks she didn't act out of the ordinary.

I started walking from one corner of the office to the other. It's been long I came here and everything has changed. On the table are two picture frames. One is a picture frame of my dad, Richie and I. I smiled and dropped it back. I picked the second one, that's a picture of my mum and Richie when he was still like 5 or thereabout.

I held onto it as I brushed my thumb on it. I miss my mum so much. It's time I admit it to myself. No matter how sad it makes me feel each time I remember, it still doesn't take away that part of me that still wishes to see her again.

I dropped it back on the table when the office door opened.. it's kimmy and she has a cup of coffee with her. She walked to the little dinning in the office and dropped it on the table.

"Your coffee is here" she said smiling.

I smiled back and walked to the table. I took a sip of it and looked back at her. She still remembers? That is exactly the way I love my coffee.

"It's good to see you still love your coffee like this..."

"Kimmy" I called weakly and she smiled again.

"I will be outside. Just incase you need anything. Just call me" she said and turned to leave.

"I am sorry" I uttered and she stopped.

She turned to me with shock written all over her. I know she will be because she wasn't expecting it at all.

"What?" She muttered confusedly.

"I am sorry over what happened that night"

I have to apologize since I haven't been able to do so since then. I feel so embarrassed that I kept avoiding and never really had the guts to apologize directly to her. It was Richie that apologized on my behalf during the time.

"Come on, that was a long time ago" she said.

"I know. But I haven't really said sorry to you" I said and she smiled again.

"I already forgot about that" she said.

Well that was a relief. At least I am convinced now that she has nothing against me anymore.