Forty Four

It's the judgment day and of course Heng and I are here to support my dad. Not just Heng, but the whole of the group. I am glad that they are here, at least having them around is making me less nervous. 

My dad was ushered in. He sat at the front seat with our attorney. He smiled at me when he saw me and I smiled back. After a while, Mr. Armstrong and his group came in. Becky is not with them and that made it much easier for me. They sat on the empty chair provided for them.

Everything took me back to 21 years ago. I hope whatever happens, justice would prevail today. I hope it doesn't be like that year.

"All rise!" the appearance of the judge was announced bringing my mind back to the present.

We all stood. And after a while we kicked off. It was a tough one. Things are turning really bad for us making everyone to start panicking.

"This doesn't prove anything. The document didn't specify when and how it happened. Therefore, we can't make a judgment based on it" the judge said.

He kept dismissing most of the documents submitted to prove that my dad is innocent and that the demolition was done illegally. After some hours he announced...

"We are taking an hour break. When we come back, we continue the next section" the judge said and everyone rose.

I stormed out of the courtroom with Heng following me. I am getting so emotional right now. I feel so bad and hurt that with the way things are going, we will lose. I can't believe I am about to let my dad down again. I assured him I would get him out of here.

"This is so bad" Heng said.

Silence.

"It is all your fault Freen. This is exactly what I was telling you. These people are evil that you need something as strong as that video to win over them" Heng added.

"But you refused. All because of your stupid love for her!!"

"Heng..." I called weakly.

"You were so carried away by love that you refused to see and support your own family. You chose an Armstrong over your own family!!" He yelled

Heng continued laying blames on me which breaks me the more. I feel so hurt right now. I feel like I have betrayed my family. In order to protect Becky, I lost my dad and family because Heng would never forgive me.

I sat weakly on the chair as he kept yelling and laying blames on me. The judgment hasn't been passed yet but based on how it's going, we don't need anyone to tell us we are losing.

"If uncle doesn't come out of this, I will never forgive you" Heng finally said it out to me.

"Heng..." I called while holding my tears.

He walked past me out of the building. I feel like I have let everyone down. Nam and the rest are also angry with me. They followed Heng out without saying a thing to me. In a minute, my dad walked out with the lawyer and some security personnels behind them. Seeing my dad in this condition pushed tears out of my eyes. I wanted to hug him so tightly but the security personnel stopped me.

"I am so sorry dad?" I cried.

"Come on sweetheart don't cry. The judgment hasn't been passed yet" he said smiling.

I know he is just trying to be strong. He is obviously hurting so much right now. The injustice is about to repeat itself again.

"There is still hope but even if at the end it turns out negative, then you still don't have to cry or feel sorry about anything. Because you have already done enough for me" he said.