Twenty Four

Heng didn't say anything anymore. I sat on the bed weakly thinking of what will happen next. He obviously doesn't like this at all. Will he tell others about this?

"Are you really in love with her?" He asked and I nodded.

He let out a sigh and sat next to me.

"This is so messed up" he said and I nodded again while drying my tears.

He turned to me and held my hands. I can see how much pain is hidden in his eyes. Seeing Miss Armstrong must have triggered a lot in him.

"I have always wanted you to live a normal life. Fall in love, have a family, have a good life. Even though I don't see myself doing that, I wanted all that for you"

"But I never wished for you to be in this kind of situation Freen. To be in love with someone whose dad we hate so much. Uncle will never like this" he continued.

I know he won't. And that's why I have no plans of telling him about it. Heng dropped my hands and cupped my cheeks instead.

"You know I will always be by your side no matter what. I will always support you as long as it makes you happy." He said smiling and I smiled back at him.

"I won't tell anyone about this. But you have to promise me one thing" he said and I smiled broadly.

"You have to promise not to abandon your mission. Don't let your feelings get in the way" he said.

I hugged him tightly because I am so excited. I am so happy that Heng is on my side.

"I promise not to betray the group no matter what. You're my family and family should come first" I said happily.

He smiled and rubbed my back. After which we walked back to the living room. Becky and Nop are sitting on the couch, discussing when we came back. She looked at me and smiled broadly. Her smiles means everything to me. It takes my worries away and gives me peace.

I walked to her and hugged her. She might be surprised about why I did that but I need this hug right now. I cupped her cheeks and kissed her passionately.

"Are you okay?" She asked when she parted us and I nodded.

"How about going out for dinner?" Heng suggested and we all agreed.

We got out of the house to the nearby restaurant. We got inside and sat down. Becky is sitting directly opposite me while Heng is sitting next to her. Nop is sitting next to me facing Heng.  We placed our order and after some minutes it was ready.

"So you have been friends for a long time now?" Heng asked

"Yeah. Since school days." Nop answered.

"Really? That means you have known each other quite well" Heng said.

"You can say that. Becky is a good friend of mine" Nop responded and Becky smiled.

"Are you also interested in politics just like your dad?" Heng asked her.

I looked at Heng immediately trying to understand why he asked that. I also want to know what Becky is interested in since it seems she doesn't work and haven't shown any interest in anything before.

"Uhm. I hate politics" she answered and Heng looked at her surprisedly.

I am equally surprised. It's rare to see a child of a politician hating politics. Why does she hate it?

"Why?" Heng asked looking at her in the eyes.

"It's full of deceit" She simply said.

"So your dad is deceitful....?"