Thirty One

I walked into the party hall that has only dim lights on. It's a bit dark so I stayed at the corner untill my eyes started getting used to the darkness. There are quite a good number of people here and the music is so loud that it hurts my eardrum. I don't like being in such a place anymore. Not sure I can handle going to club again.

"There you are" Irin said as she walks towards me.

"Hey what's up" My response.

"Nop is at the other side"

Well, it's Nop's birthday but I am not really here for Nop. I am having a fight with Freen for days and I am here to talk things over with her.

"And Freen?" I asked.

"Aaa-aah? Look who is here for Miss Sarocha" She teased while smiling naughtily.

I raised my eyebrows indicating she should answer.

"She is over there?" She said.

I turned to the direction and there she is. Freen is sitting with a girl and they both seem lost in their conversation. I am jealous. Yeah I need to admit it. I am so jealous that she's really having fun without me.

Should I go over there? Considering what happened last time, will she say I pulled a stunt again? Will she get more upset? I want to know why she's like this towards me.

I badly want to go to her but my legs aren't moving.

"What are you doing? Why aren't you going to her?" Irin asked.

"She's uhm...." I stuttered.

"She's with someone? Come on Becky, this is a party. She can choose to engage someone but that doesn't mean anything. You know I am like that too anytime I go out without my girlfriend. But it doesn't really mean I am cheating" she said smiling.

I smiled and looked back at Freen. It's not really because I am suspecting she's having something with this girl but it's because I don't want what happened two days ago at the restaurant to happen again. She told me not to do that again and I am not so strong to witness where it will end just as she threatened.

"Come on. Go!" Irin said taking me out of my thoughts and pushed me gently to go to her.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply and started walking to her nervously.

"Hey Becky! You made it!" Heng said stopping me from going any further. And I turned to him.

"I am sorry Heng, I got your text a little late" my response and he smiled.

"It's nothing. What matters is that you're here now. I mean the party wouldn't be fun for Nop without his friends" he said.

"Uhm, I haven't seen Nop...."

"He's over there" he said and pointed at the other corner. I guess he just came out of there.

I nodded while smiling and he tapped my shoulder before leaving. Should I just go to Nop or to Freen? I looked towards the corner and Freen is still there with the girl. I wanted to ignore them and go to Nop but I couldn't. She's my girlfriend and until she says it to my face that it's over between us, she still remains mine. I pulled myself together and walked to them.

Freen was still when she saw me. It feels like the time stopped for the both of us. My heart is pounding and I became nervous. I don't know what to expect from Freen right now. I am having a slight pain in my heart but I am also happy that she isn't taking her eyes off me. The girl would look surprisingly at me and back at Freen maybe wondering why we are like this.

I walked closer to Freen. Gosh how long has she been drinking that she's like this? I held her in the arm so we could go to somewhere else. I want us to talk and I have equally missed her a lot. But this girl grabbed her at the other arm stopping us from leaving.