Reflection pt:1

As the morning slowly passed everyone took notice in Demic's change of attitude and behavior, and he seemed to actually like drake and dukes company. Benthlamaari liked the mild change in attitude but was still a little worried about it since this could be his way of coping with onyx's absence. The group was walking through the jungle kingdom completely avoiding the whole palace itself to reinsure they don't draw attention to themselves, benthlamaari was chatting with Zatz as the bat prince asked the few questions he had about his relations with onyx "wait, so you two knew each other as kids?"

"Yep! She was a adventurous child" he grinned and continued his path forward feeling his tail slightly wag just talking about her,he did indeed miss her but he wasn't sure what this feeling was,maybe it was all in his head. "I'de like to imagine that"

"What's that supposed to mean?" The shark prince asked raising a brow at him, he wasn't sure what he was even talking about the last time he saw onyx she was just a child with a wild sense of adventure a curiosity just exploring the world. But now that he thought about it he wondered if onyx was the same after all those years apart, but hearing zatz's words it made him faulter if she really was the same fun loving kid he used to know. "She's a collected person now, she has her own palace and is queen" what? He never thought she'd make it that far after the war, he thought she'd return directly to her father and tell him about it as soon as she has the time but this explains why she disappeared for so long, when he received the news onyx disappeared he was dumb founded for days and locked himself in his room trying to figure out were she went and now he knows. "Wow, that's a surprise"

"Indeed" Demic said in a calm tone and continued forward, Zatz was relieved for one that he doesn't have to worry about Demic that much but it was strange his attitude changed in one night just from 'meditation' maybe he did do some self reflection but it was odd to come to the conclusion of a former warlord changing himself for his daughters sake. Demic was just enjoying himself gladly feeling something he hasn't felt in decades Pride maybe his brother was right, maybe meditation wasn't so useless after all, he could just remember his time with onyx feeling that familiar feeling of pride watching her grow up.

Flashback~

Crying. Was all he could here those days, he was busy trying to enjoy his alone time but with onyx in the next room it could only take his mind off of his current task. "Hun, can you take care of onyx this time, I'm busy with thier bottle" his wife said from in the kitchen, he could only groan in annoyance, sure he liked onyx but not like this, thier crying was just echoing around the many rooms of his monastery. His skeleton army was off in the volcano trying to find a way to prevent it from blowing up after the few earthquakes that have occured before onyx's birth, he got up from the long black leathered sofa and quietly walked towards his childs room, since they was a toddler they was scared easily from loud unsuspecting noises and usually the warlord would have kicked down the door but for onyx he didn't, thier crying sounded louder from the inside as he approached the small white crib, it wasn't to fancy but it was a compromise since this was a hand-me-down from thier brother who was gone for the day training with his uncle. "Alright oxi what's up?" They immediately stopped crying and looked up at the large sooty colored man basically towering over thier crib and reached her tiny hands out in a grabby motion as thier father just gave them a 'really?' Look "you interrupted my alone time for a hug?!"