explanatory

"what are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you the same question"

The two stared at each other for a few good seconds before benthlamaari spoke up "I was sent to patrol the regents since there's been a alicoris drone spotted near the west coast so I went to check it out and found a of camp completely burned to ashes so I left and you know the rest" he explained and rubbed the back of his neck avoiding the large oni's gaze, he knew about his mild temper since his father is allies with the former war lord, since the ally ship the original plan to make peace was to have an arranged marriage between his older brother kalimaaris and onyx but after word got out about onyx being in war they closed off on the arrangements and settled with the share of resources with land and sea materials. He had to admit he never wanted his older brother to marry onyx in the first place since he was figuring out what he thought of her after thier first meeting in the castle's green house when he was 3. He looked back over to the oni and put one of his claws on his hip as the other put the spear back in it's sheath on his back "so what are you doing here?" He asked back and just looking into the crimson eyes of the former war lord, he felt a strong chills run down his spine to the tip of his tail, Demic looked into the eyes of the shark boy and scoffed in annoyance, he was trying to save his daughter and this delay was nearly sending him to the edge to losing his cool "were on a important mission to save my daughter! She's been kidnapped and were on our way to rescue her-"

"-shes been kidnapped?" Benthlamaari nearly whispered but it turned out as a worried mumble he his usual expression fell into a worried frown and seeing the oni nod made him want to cry, he'd known her for years with not much socialization but somehow he still cared, all he could think about was her from day one since he met her. He admired such determination in a girl like her which was something he considered rare to find in a girl, most of the girls he'd met in the kingdom were obsessed with looks and popularity but onyx was different, she didn't care what other people thought, she was a collected person who cared about the people around her in many ways he found valid but just thinking about her made his tail wag slightly in the hopes of seeing her again after so many years apart.