Chapter 77 The bond

Felix

---

I leaned in to kiss her, but she managed to get her hand in between and pressed her fingers towards my lips. I couldn't help the groan that left me.

"There's more I need to tell you," she said.

"Please be quick," I answered and took the hand that had stopped my lips in mine. My hold on myself was slowly breaking, and I kissed her hand all over. The tips of her fingers, her palm, the back of her hand. She tasted so sweet, like a chocolate strawberry cake, and I didn't want to miss tasting even an inch of her.

"As I said," she continued, her voice slightly breathless, "once we find our mate, the bond between us is activated, but the bond isn't stable yet. For it to become stable, we need to do certain things with our mate. That is something that also differs a bit for different magical creatures. It's pretty straightforward for witches, nothing complicated, really. But I need you to know about it and be sure that you want to go through with it before we do it. Breaking the bond is much more difficult once it's been solidified."

"I want you and only you and no one else," I told her. I was so close to breaking. My lips had left her hand, but I had pulled her to me so her back was pressed against me so I could kiss her shoulder. That had quickly not been enough though, and I had them pressed against her neck. Kissing and gently sucking on her skin. One of my hands had moved up and cupped her breast from below while the other held her in a firm grip.

"You need to know what happens once the bond solidifies," she pressed on. Her voice trembled and I let my fingers brush over her hardened nipple, earning myself a moan.

"Tell me then," I prompted her while pulling up her dress to her waist and caressing her thighs. Her breathing was heavy and uneven, and I enjoyed myself tremendously. I knew that I probably should just let her tell me what it was she wanted to say, but she was just so god damn hot right then. Especially because I knew she fought to remain in control to tell me whatever it was that was so important.

"We will..." she started, but it became a gasp as she grabbed hold of my arm. I had moved my hand up her leg far enough to let my finger slid over her panties. I had meant for it to be light and quick, a bit teasing. But as soon as I had done the movement, my fingers automatically returned to make sure that they had felt right. I pressed my thumb to her panties and slowly moved it over her slit with just the fabric between. She moaned softly, barely audible, and leaned back against me. I had gotten a confirmation that what I had thought had been true.

"Fuck, you're wet," I groaned and my controlled snapped momentarily.

I swiftly turned us around, so I had her on the bed underneath me. Our lips were connected, tongues playing, and her taste was everywhere in my mouth. I had one hand on her thigh and guided her leg up to wrap around me. The lower parts of our bodies were pressed against each other. My pants had become extremely uncomfortably tight and my cock ached from wanting more, wanting her.

I grinded myself into her and she gasped and moaned at the action. Her hands fisted my hair, causing a mild amount of pain that I only found erotic. My lips were on her neck again, which placed my ear right by her parted lips and those beautiful moans that I elicited from her.

"Please," she said in a voice that was thick with desire. "I need you to stop. I need you to know."

Her actions were very different from her words, however. Her hands still held on to me tight and her hips moved in rhythm with mine.

But I knew perfectly well that I had to stop. If I didn't, if I didn't let her say what she so desperately wanted to say, she would be upset later. So I grabbed hold of myself again, gaining back my control. I kissed her skin one more time, then sucked in a breath to steady myself and sat up.

"Okay. Tell me."

She sat up too and moved so her back was pressed against the wall. Her action was like that of a fearful bunny trying to avoid being devoured by the wolf. Except that her flushed cheeks, ragged breathing, and desire filled eyes told me she wanted nothing more than to be devoured.

"Once the bond is solidified between mates, it becomes... It sort of becomes as if they can read each other's minds," she explained at a fast pace. "Or feelings at least, but also when we want, we'll be able to communicate with our thoughts. It is possible to keep the other person out, but it takes a bit of practice and the more intense your feelings are, the harder it is to block your mate out."

I let that sink in for a second before shrugging, accepting it. "Okay."

"That's your only reaction?"

I tried to come up with if my reaction was normal or not, but I couldn't. Looking at her worried face, I also knew why I accepted it so easy.

"You could tell that I had to, I don't know, sleep on burning coal every night to be able to be with you and I would do it. So that honestly just sounds like a plus," I told her, and moved slightly closer again.

Her worry disappeared and was replaced by a smile. Assuming that it now was the end of all the things she had to tell me, I moved to kiss her again.

"I hope you are fine with waiting a bit with whatever it is that needs to happen to solidify the bond though, because right now all I want to do is kiss and touch you," I whispered with my lips right by her ear before nibbling her earlobe.

"There's no need to choose," she answered. "Having sex is what's needed."

I pulled back somewhat from surprise, but it seemed like she had reached the end of her restraint. She pressed her lips against mine and threw her arms around my neck. I was slightly stunned and didn't react at once. That made her grab hold of my hair and pull a bit. With that, I reached my limit.

Any guesses what next chapter will be? XD