Chapter 80 Mate mark

Zoe

---

We laid quiet, just holding each other for some time. I knew that when we let go, it would be time to start dealing with problems. Even as we were lying there, my mind started to wander to the problems, and based on Felix's shift in emotions, so was he.

"We need a safe place to stay," I finally broke the silence. "While we figure everything out. The coven knows about this hotel room."

"Dad does too," Felix added.

"We need some place away from them all to decide how to deal with everything."

"Yes. We should probably shower first and then you can dress us again," he laughed.

I blushed but added, "It'll go quicker if I clean us too."

Felix opened his mouth but left it hanging, and his cheeks turned redder than I had ever seen. I burst into laughter.

"Don't worry. The spell just makes the dirt from your body disappear. It's not sponges or anything that comes out to clean you."

I sat up in bed and pulled the blanket off me to stand up and show him. But I didn't come further than that. My eyes became glued to my right leg.

"Oh... I never knew," I mumbled.

"What's up?" Felix asked and sat up too. He first saw my leg, then pulled the blanket away from his own to see the same thing on his right leg.

It looked like a tattoo picturing leaves from an oak tree and ivy circling each other and up the leg until it reached the knee. It was red and beautiful, but I could feel Felix panic and quickly went into the explanation.

"I'm sorry. Witches don't leave mate marks, and I didn't know that nymphs do, otherwise I would have told you before," I defended myself first, hoping that he wouldn't be angry. "It showed up as we completed the mating. The mark looks different for all mated couples and is kind of just a way to show other magical beings that you're taken. Like humans do with wedding rings. But Father always wears long pants, so I didn't know. He must have one, but I've never seen it. Most creatures that leave mate marks leaves it on the side of the neck. Often times biting is involved then. Like vampires bit their mate to leave a mark. They also actually have a whole thing about drinking each other's..."

Felix put a finger over my lips and I realized I had started rambling in my hurry to explain.

"So this is to show all magical creatures that you are mine and only mine?" he asked.

I nodded.

"And that I am yours and only yours?"

I nodded again.

"I think I can live with that," he said in a nonchalant tone, but though he said it like that, his wide smile and the happiness I felt from him told me what he really meant.

"It's beautiful," he then added and moved down to look closer at mine. His fingers traced it up my leg and a shudder of pleasure went through me. He then kissed his way up it and the shudder intensified. "Definitely beautiful," he said, but when I looked at him, he looked at me and not the mark.

"If you continue, we'll never leave this bed," I told him, and could hear the slight shift in my voice.

"That doesn't sound too bad."

He continued to kiss my leg, on the mark. I knew he didn't know exactly what that did to me. How the mark made that area of the body particularly sensitive. How his touch there was enough to scrabble my mind, let alone his kisses.

A soft moan I had tried to repress escaped me, and I saw how Felix smirked at me. He moved away, seemingly satisfied having heard that moan. I felt an irritation, though, at that he had gotten me excited again, but was ready to leave me hanging. Not a negative irritation, however, more just the type that made me want a small revenge.

"Alright, let's..." he started saying, but my movement interrupted him.

He had moved himself away so that he sat on the bed with his feet on the floor. I moved to sit on top of him, facing him.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked him playfully before kissing him.

His hands started moving to hug me to him, but before he managed, I moved again. That time to sit on the floor in front of him. His eyes filled with confusion as he looked down at me.

"Zoe, what are you..." He gasped instead of finishing his sentence.

I had touched his mark, and I knew it had sent a wave of pleasure through his body. I leaned my head in to kiss the top of it, while I continued to let my fingers run over it.

"Fuck," Felix said breathlessly. "How... Fuck..."

He placed his hands on the bed to steady himself, his head was bent down, eyes half-closed but focused on me. His lips were parted, and I enjoyed the sounds that left them.

Before I went any further, or Felix did, I pulled away and stood up.

"So, time to get ready," I smirked at him, feeling happy and content over the revenge.

"Zoe," he said unevenly. "What the fuck was that? Why... Why did that feel so good?"

I leaned in and kissed his cheek. His confusion mixed with desire looked way too adorable.

"The area that the mate mark is on becomes extra sensitive to your mate's touch. That's all," I said in a cheery voice. "Let me get you cleaned up now!"

His emotions shifted in an instance. He blushed and embarrassment shot out of him at me.

"Ehm... Is it alright if I shower instead?" he asked and rubbed the back of his head. "It's just... I don't know... Having you clean me with a spell just feels weird."

I couldn't help but to giggle and kiss his cheek again.

"You have no idea how adorable you are right now," I told him, which made his face become even redder.

"I'm not adorable," he grumbled, and I giggled even more.

"Go and shower. That face of yours makes me want to kiss you all over it," I laughed, then added: "Let me just get you some clothes first."

I mumbled the spell and flicked my fingers. Neatly folded clothes fell onto Felix's lap.

"Thanks," he said in a grumpy voice and I would have thought I had gone too far if it hadn't been for the love and indulgence I felt from him.

He stood up and before he went to the bathroom, he gave me a swift kiss on the forehead and said, "You're the one that's adorable."