Chapter 107 The power of Zoe, the witch of innocence

Zoe

---

All was quiet for a moment before the Priestess let out a cold laughter.

"Your mate?" she sneered. "He's long gone. What does he matter now?"

"You lied to me," Scarlet continued, her body seemed to shake with the anger she felt. "You lied to me and used Zoe."

The Priestess scoffed. "What has the traitor been telling you? You know you can't trust her. Who knows what she's capable of? She even kills children for her own amusement."

I felt Felix's hold on my hand tighten and his anger at the words. I squeezed his hand lightly and sent calmness through our bond. The conversation between Scarlet and the Priestess was between them and only them. It was about Scarlet's mate and the betrayal, anger, and sadness she felt. It wasn't mine or Felix's place to interfere.

"She is capable of a lot," Scarlet agreed. "A lot more than you think and a lot more than you'll ever be, because she's not rotten like you are."

"Scarlet, why don't you speak frankly instead? What is it she has told you? What lies has she fed you?"

"Lies?" Scarlet laughed. "She's told me none, but opened my eyes to yours. You didn't know he had a daughter, you said. She killed her on her own accord, you claimed. You made up a story to Zoe as to why he deserved death, but the truth is that you wanted Zoe to kill him simply because he was my mate."

"I did you a favor!" the Priestess scoffed back. "He was too weak for you. A pathetic human. He would be dead by now anyway, so what does it all matter?"

"You really are an awful person, aren't you?" Scarlet hissed.

"And you are ungrateful! Do you really think you would be as powerful as you are now if you had let yourself be mated to him? Killing him was the right decision, and I did it all for you."

Words didn't seem to be enough for Scarlet anymore as she instead launched an attack. She made a dagger appear in her hand that she threw at the Priestess, who easily dodged it and made a nearby stone hurl towards Scarlet instead. Scarlet put up her hand, sending a shock wave from it that made the stone disintegrate. And so it continued.

They both fought viciously and with all they had. Clearly aiming at harming the other. Both dodged and blocked the other's attacks over and over, but slowly Scarlet forced the Priestess back.

I stood at the side and watched, knowing that Scarlet could handle herself and instead focused on protecting Felix if the need would arise.

"Now this is cool magic," Felix mumbled behind me, and it was.

Fire in the shape of a bird flew at the Priestess but it was turned to vapor by a wall of ice. Lightning was passed between them until Scarlet redirected it towards the sky. The Priestess was knocked to her knees by thick roots that grew from the ground, that then twisted themselves around her legs and arms, trapping her to the earth.

"You'll regret this," the Priestess shouted at Scarlet from where she was stuck.

"I doubt that," Scarlet answered with a raging calm and I could see something icy form in her right hand as she spoke. "I should have seen you for what you are a long time ago and done this. You are a selfish, manipulating bitch and I hope you rot in hell."

The icy object in Scarlet's hand had grown to form a sharp spear. As she raised her hand, I realized what was about to happen.

"No!" I shouted and let go of Felix's hand. I didn't know what to do, only that I needed to stop Scarlet. My body acted faster than my mind and I flung myself to a kneeling position, my hands connecting with the earth as Scarlet threw the spear.