Chapter 91 Annabel MacKenzie

Zoe

---

Harry was even younger than before. He sat at a table, and from looking around the room, he was at school. There were neat rows of desk and a blackboard in the front by which the teacher stood and called for attention, but Harry kept looking down and doodling in a notebook.

"We have a new student joining us today," the teacher said. "Why don't you introduce yourself to your new classmates?"

"Hi everyone," the voice of a girl sounded and Harry finally looked up. "I'm Annabel MacKenzie. I just moved here from Dallas, Colorado."

She went quiet and looked over at the teacher, who had an expectant look on his face.

"Oh, you want me to say more?" she asked. "Well, my proudest achievement is making a basketball game into a soap basketball game."

"Come again?" the teacher asked with a frozen expression.

"I got soapy water all over the PE-hall right before a basketball match. Purely accidental, of course."

She had a wide smile on her face as she looked at her fellow classmates and Harry looked at her with a bright light in his eyes.

Annabel MacKenzie. Without a doubt, Felix's mother.

The memory ended, and I didn't hesitate as I jumped into the next one with the same combo of colors. The red and gray but a thin gold mixed into it.

Harry was pushed up against a locker by a boy who looked to be twice his size. There were two other boys standing to the side with their arms crossed over their chests and smirks on their faces.

"You're so fucking weird, Jackson. Your weird face makes my fist itch," the boy holding Harry said and raised his hand.

"So you're only hitting him because he's weird?" a girl said to the side, and I didn't need to look at her to know it was Annabel.

"Annabel!" the boy exclaimed, and he lowered his hand and his grip on Harry seemed to lessen. "What... How are you?"

The boy's face had gone slightly red and I could imagine why. Annabel was pretty, but it was more than that. From the personality she had shown during that first day, there was no doubt in me that she was popular.

"I asked you a question," she said and put one hand on her hip.

"Wha... what?"

"Are you only hitting him because he's weird?" she repeated herself.

"Ehm... ye... yeah," the boy stammered.

"Do you want to hit me too, then?"

"Of course not!"

"Didn't you say that you think I'm weird Tuesday last week? What was it? Weird, but cute and funny?"

The boy opened his mouth, but no words came out. After a ridiculously long time of him being stunned, he let go of Harry and walked off with his friends. Mumbling an excuse as they left.

"You alright?" Annabel asked Harry. "Let me know if they ever give you problems again."

I went straight for the next memory.

Harry and Annabel walked next to each other in the school hall.

"Attention everyone," a voice came from speakers set up all around the school. "Three of the four pigs have been caught. If anyone has seen the last pig or knows who is responsible for letting them into the school, please contact a teacher immediately."

Annabel stifled a giggle and turned to Harry.

"Can you keep a secret?" she asked, but didn't wait for an answer before leaning in and whispering in his ear. "I'm the one that let the pigs in."