Chapter 95 Forgetting everything else

Zoe

---

Harry retired to his bedroom after having had one sip of his cold tea. He looked extremely distraught and a bit lost. Hopefully, he would be able to come to terms with everything and let go of all the anger properly. But it wasn't surprising that he needed some time. I was myself still in a bit of an emotional chaos with what I had seen in Harry's memories, and it seemed like Felix was also not doing much better with the information he had received.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, because I just couldn't sit with my thoughts anymore.

He nodded, and we went back to the kitchen. There wasn't much to pick from in terms of food, but after some searching and cooking, I had prepared rice with a bean sauce.

We had both been quiet while I cooked. I had emptied my mind and focused all of my attention on the menial cooking. Felix, however, seemed to have spent the time going over everything in his head to find solace in it.

As I placed the food on the table, he took hold of my waist and pulled me to sit on his lap. Before I could ask anything, he had captured my lips with his, and all the heaviness I felt washed away.

I put my arms around his neck and pressed myself closer. Let the closeness of him replenish my energy. He nibbled on my lower lip, which seemed to be a favorite of his. Not that I minded. In fact, it always sent shivers through my body.

He kissed down my jaw, to my neck. Along my collarbone, and then he stopped. He leaned his forehead against my shoulder and I simultaneously wished for him to continue and was glad he didn't. If we hadn't been in the kitchen, I would only have wished for it to never stop.

"How are you?" I asked when he didn't move.

"There's honestly just too much going on right now. Too much new information. I don't want to have to think anymore for a moment."

"You can rest now. Let's eat first and then..."

He looked up. His frown stopped me from finishing my sentence.

"What do you mean by you can? We can, can't we?"

I bit my lip, not wanting to say what I had decided, but also knowing I had to. He brushed his thumb over my lower lip, and my teeth let go of it.

"You can rest," I said and kept my voice firm. "But I have to go back home. I have to talk to my father and settle things with the coven."

"And you think I would let you go and do that on your own?" he scoffed. He didn't let me answer, but leaned in and bit my lip before continuing. "If you think, even for one second, that I would let you go towards any type of danger on your own, you are very mistaken. I'm coming with."

"It doesn't make sense for you to come, and you know that."

"I do?" There was a dangerous edge to his voice. As if he dared me to say it, but I pushed through.

"They are more powerful than you. One spell and you would be dead."

"Not if I'm wearing an amulet."

"I can't teleport you there if you're wearing on," I sighed.

"So we'll drive."

"They are already angry with me and driving would waste time. The longer I wait, the more danger my father is in."

"You're not going without me."

"You can't stop me!"

The angry frustration reached its peak in Felix and for a moment he seemed to be looking for an outlet. Then his lips crashed into mine again.