Chapter 98 Travel by nymph

Zoe

---

I was in disbelief as I whipped around and shot daggers at Pine with my eyes. They weren't there to take my side, but shouldn't that be what they did? Being sisters and all, as they put it.

"Pine is right," Ash said in a mild tone. "He is your mate. Your second half. And he is that for a reason."

I turned back to look at Felix, and he looked so damn smug. His smile was more of a taunt than anything else in my eyes.

"Fine! Whatever. Guess no one wants to make sense. Come on, let's go!" I exclaimed and started walking towards the car.

"Why would you go by car?" Pine asked when she saw the direction of my steps.

"Because he isn't coming with if he doesn't have that amulet on and I can't teleport him when he wears it," I snapped back.

I kept walking, but I had the feeling of that Felix didn't follow, so I turned to yell at him to hurry. But to my surprise, Ash and Pine were right by his side. Both looked intensely at the amulet.

"It's only against witchcraft?" Pine asked.

"Yes. Seems like it. So teleporting won't be a problem," Ash answered.

"Good! Cars are such unnatural machines."

"What are you two talking about?" I cut in and a little of my anger ebbed away because of the curiosity that started to build.

"Witches aren't the only ones that can teleport," Pine smiled.

"We can too. As long as there are trees, we can go there," Ash explained.

Abandoning my anger, I skipped over to them. "Really? How?"

"I... I don't know," said Pine and turned to Ash.

"I've never thought about it. It's just something we can do." Ash frowned slightly and looked to the side, towards the trees. "It's... The trees are sort of connected and by touching one, it's possible to feel another?"

She neither sounded nor looked convincing. She seemed to know it herself because she shook her head before scratching it and continue to look far off.

"I think... You'll probably understand better if we try. Pine can take Felix and I'll take you," she finally concluded.

"Works for me!" Felix smiled brightly.

"Alright, yes. Let's get going," I agreed readily that time. It was obvious he was coming no matter what, so better make it quick. Besides, I was really excited about trying the new travel method out.

Pine giggled and started skipping to the fence. "Trips are always so exciting!"

I smiled at her enthusiasm and felt it spread to me. I would be going home, I would see my father, I would introduce my mate to my father. Those thoughts suppressed the negative ones, and excitement filled me. I grabbed hold of Felix's hand.

"Come on then, let's hurry," I ushered him and started moving to the fence as well.

We were just a couple of steps from it when the next hindrance stepped out of the house.

"Where are you going?" Harry's voices travelled to us and made us all look back.

His eyes darted around between the four of us, his jaw clenched, but he moved his hands as if trying to crack his fingers over and over again.

"We'll be back soon," Felix said, and there was an edge to his voice.

"Where are you going?" Harry repeated his question, but he didn't direct it to his son. Instead, he looked straight at me.