Chapter 79 Window of worry and lacing of sweetness

Zoe

---

When I woke up, I knew I had never felt as good as I did then before in my life. Comfortable and warm, happy and content, safe and loved. I nuzzled closer to what I used as a pillow and took a deep breath. The scent of forest hit me and for a moment it made me smile. But the next I sat up straight in the bed and moved as far away as I could.

"What? What's wrong?" Felix also sat up with a startled expression and looked everywhere around.

"I... I'm sorry. I... I shouldn't have fallen asleep while touching you. What if I'd lost control and killed you while sleeping? I'm so sorry, so sorry." Tears welled up in my eyes, though I didn't know what emotion it was that made me cry. The fear, guilt or relief.

He pulled me into a hug.

"It's okay, Zoe. Everything is fine," he comforted me, drawing circles on my back with his hand. "And I wouldn't have slept like that next to you if I hadn't been sure it would be fine."

"How could you have known that? You couldn't have been sure. It was a stupid gamble," I reprimanded him through my tears.

He laughed softly in my ear. "Since you did lose control of your magic a little at one point, but didn't lose control over that, I was very sure."

"What do you mean?"

I pulled away from him and looked at all parts of him I could see, then around the room to try to find the damage that I had done. But all looked fine.

He didn't answer me, but trailed a finger over my collarbone and then down to cup my breast. A blush spread over me as I realized I was naked. I moved further away and pulled at the blanket to cover myself as I tried to rack my brain to remember how I had gotten undressed. But all that I could remember was Felix's touch and kisses and how good it had felt. How Felix had been right and that when I relaxed and let the feeling come, the explosion of pleasure in my body had been amazing.

But how in the name of the Goddess had I gotten naked?

"I think you must have thought your clothes were in the way," Felix said with a teasing smile.

"I... I made them disappear?" I bent down my head and covered it with the blanket. I couldn't believe I had done something like that. It was definitely not like me. For Goddess's sake, just a few hours ago I still desperately clung on to my clothes.

"You're adorable," Felix said and hugged me, though I still had the blanket covering me.

"Stop it," I mumbled, but also leaned into his embrace. I let go of the blanket and got out from under it. "But it's unfair. You're still fully dressed."

He laughed again and kissed the tip of my nose. "I'm sure you can change that."

He placed a hand around my neck and we locked our lips together again. I placed myself on his lap, facing him, and moved my hands down to start unbuttoning his shirt, only to feel his bare chest instead of fabric. I pulled away to look at his upper body in astonishment.

"I didn't..."

"I guess your unconscious is one step ahead of you," he said before kissing my neck.

I let out a soft sigh and started exploring his body with my hands. I felt the hard muscles in his arms. The smoothness of his back. I pushed him a little, and he obeyed by laying down on the bed. I moved my hands over his chest and twirled the little hair he had there. My lips were next to explore. I kissed his neck and heard him suck in a breath. My lips wandered down to his chest as my hands also traveled further down. They got to the edge of his pants and I tugged a bit on it, before I, more consciously that time, made the pants disappear as well. I could see the shape of his cock clearly under his underwear and as I stroked it with the fabric still in between, it twitched slightly.