Chapter 73 Touch

Felix

---

I parked the car as close as I could to where I had left Zoe. I then hurried to the somewhat secluded part of the park. But when I rounded a corner and should have seen her, she wasn't there.

I could clearly see where she had been. There was a patch of dead grass she had touched and what looked to be both her gloves and shoes. But she was nowhere in sight.

Had Dad somehow managed to get to her?

My mind ran wild with thoughts as I rushed over and looked around. I looked in bushes and behind trees and all over, with no sign of her. Then I heard some laughter mixed with music.

I frowned and followed the sound. It took me around another cluster of trees.

A man sat on a boulder with a guitar. He played a cheery tune. Around him, three women danced. All three of them wore green, flowy dresses and were barefoot. There was something about the air around them that almost made them seem to not be people, but rather a part of the nature around.

I looked from one to another of them. One had darker skin and black hair. Her dress went down to the ground but had a slit that went up high. Another had brown hair and light skin. Her dress didn't have any shoulder straps, and it was very short in the front but flowed out at the back. And the last one...

I didn't recognize her until she in her dance turned around, but she had her eyes closed so she didn't see me. It was so unreal to see her in anything but that stuffy dress that covered her completely. But there she was. Her red hair waved all around her, as was the short and beautiful dress. I could see similarities between the dress and the one she had used to wear, but the differences were greater. And she looked so free. Not only because she was freed from the restricted clothes, but because something in her aura had shifted completely.

She looked more beautiful than ever before. My beautiful and innocent Zoe.

My eyes fell down to her feet, and I watched as they moved in the grass. She was having one of her wishes come true, to feel the grass under her feet.

How had that happened, though? How had she freed herself from the curse?

A lot of questions came to me, but they disappeared as fast. In that moment, I didn't care about any answers. I just wanted to watch and appreciate the woman that I loved.

I didn't notice when the other two saw me, but suddenly they were at my side and circled me.

"He's handsome," one of them said.

"Definitely," the other agreed.

"Do you want to dance with us?" the first one asked.

I didn't hear it though. My eyes still followed my love.

"Zoe?" I said, because a part of me was still in disbelief that it was her.

She immediately turned around and our eyes met. A wide smile made her face shine brighter than ever before, and she hurried over to me. Her rushed steps were like a dance. Her feet looked almost light enough to not touch the ground and her movements were elegant but also very natural. Her red hair flowed around her, moved, just like her dress, with her movements. And her eyes sparkled with excitement.

But when she reached me, the smile dimmed, and she stopped. She bit her lip like she always did, and I had a good guess about what made her hesitate. There was a small movement of her hand as if she wanted to touch me, but stopped herself.

I looked her over one more time and the grass she had just walked on. Then I took off my gloves and before she could protest or move to stop me, I placed my hand on her cheek.

Her skin was so soft and warm. I stroked her with my thumb and she leaned into the touch with closed eyes, almost like a cat might do.

Touching her felt so surreal and so amazing. It made everything bad go away, and all I knew was that I wanted her closer.

Zoe started protesting when I moved my hand away, but she didn't have time to even finish one word before I had pulled her into a hug. There was a certain amount of stiffness in her, but it quickly disappeared. I heard her let out a sigh and then felt her arms snake around me as well.

Holding her like that felt so safe, and I never wanted to let her go. But it also wasn't enough. Far from. Getting to finally feel her skin against mine made me want to feel more. I wanted to get to explore her whole body. Kiss her everywhere. And my body had already reacted to her. Hardened and craved her.

I leaned my head down and kissed her on top of her head. She pulled herself away from me a little and looked up. There was a blush on her face as she tiptoed and let her lips brush against mine. It was a very short kiss, not even something I really could count as a kiss. The softness of her lips was on mine one moment and then gone. It was far too little compared to what I wanted in that moment.

I put a hand on the back of her neck and then leaned down to kiss her properly. The warmth and softness of her lips sent a pleasant shudder through my body. I pressed gently with my tongue and she answered with opening her mouth and met my tongue with hers. I explored her mouth and tasted her. Strawberries. As sweet as she was. I would never get bored of that taste.

I moved away from her lips, wanting to taste more of her. I kissed her jaw before going down to her neck. A soft moan left her lips that made my excitement increase. I had one arm around her waist to hold her to me, but I let the other move down her side. How I wished her dress wasn't there. I wanted to feel her skin, wanted her closer. Wanted more.

A light cough to the side made me stop, and Zoe jumped away from me. I had completely forgotten where we were and by the look on Zoe's face, so had she. The two other women in green dresses stood beside us, both of them had smirks on their faces.

"Did you forget about us? I'm hurt," the one with lighter skin asked.

"I'm sorry," Zoe mumbled and looked down.

I didn't like that, nor did I like the fact that I didn't hold on to her.

I reached out to pull her into a hug again, but she looked up at me with alarm in her eyes.

"I can hold you while you explain. Can't I?" I said and pressed her to me with one arm around her waist.

She didn't protest and even leaned her head against my chest. I gave her forehead a quick kiss before turning to the other two.

"So who are you?"