8~Upbringing~8

TW: Mentions, of bullying, homophobia, Christianity,  religion, and just bad parenting. Court_joker & ThatEnzoGuy (learned how to do it correctly :D) Samuel's angst is in the middle also I think this is the longest chapter I have ever written, coming in at an amazing 2866 words! John's Turtle also thanks you for saving his life.

Thursday 12:32 A.M.

John and Samuel walked down the halls discussing upcoming tests and projects they needed to work on together. As they stopped at John's locker to grab some books, things took an unexpected turn when someone slapped the books out of John's hands, causing him to fall to his knees to pick them up.

"Sup John, just wanted to wish you a happy birthday, something your mother and brother can't do," Charles Lee said with a smirk on his face.

"Leave him alone, Lee," Samuel intervened, blocking Charles Lee from getting closer to John. "Why don't you go bully someone else for a change?"

"Are you trying to scare me, Samuel? The only thing that would stop me from bullying you is your boyfriend. Without him, you're useless," Charles Lee spat out the words, trying to provoke Samuel.

Samuel balled up his fists, ready to fight, even though he would get beat up badly, but before he could do anything, Charles Lee shoved him to the ground. "Why can't you just leave him alone, Lee!" Samuel shouted, causing a commotion in the hallway. "Maybe if you weren't so focused on other people's feelings then you..."

"Samuel, Charles, my office now," George Washington's voice interrupted, as he appeared behind them. The students in the hallway scattered, leaving the three of them alone.

"Why doesn't John have to come to your office?" Charles Lee protested, pointing at John.

"Because you're the one who started it," George Washington stated calmly.

George Washington said, his voice stern and unyielding. "And if I'm not mistaken, Samuel would've hit you if I didn't intervene. Now, let's go to my office and talk about what happened." The two boys followed George Washington to his office, where they sat down on chairs, avoiding looking at each other.

"So, care to explain why you started a yelling match?" George Washington asked, looking at both of them expectantly.

The boys remained silent, not knowing what to say.

"Well, if you're not going to talk about it, I'll have to call your parents," George Washington said, moving his hand towards the phone on his desk

"No, please don't!" Samuel begged, his voice shaking with fear. "My parents will kill me if they find out I got into trouble at school."

"I'm sorry, Samuel, but I have to do what's best for you," George Washington said, picking up the phone and dialing Samuel's parents' phone number.

Samuel watched in horror as George Washington spoke to his parents, explaining what had happened and the consequences of their actions. He knew that he was in for a world of trouble, they were going to call him up, and then talk to him in the car, Samuel's breath began to speed up, and more tears began to form in his eyes.

Charles Lee, on the other hand, seemed unfazed. He knew that his parents would defend him no matter what and that he would get off with just a slap on the wrist.

"This kind of behavior was unacceptable and would not be tolerated, any further incidents will result in even more severe consequences."  George Washington spoke to the boys sternly after the phone call.