37~Christmas Chapter~37

TW: Sex jokes... (That's it, wow)

Sorry! I know this is late! (BTW, this has nothing to do with the books story line, just for fun)

Monday: 6:21 AM

"Jammy! Come on, I have the food ready!" Thomas called out from the kitchen, a smile spreading across his face as he thought of James. 

He had been preparing this dinner for days, wanting everything to be just perfect for his beloved.

Thomas looked down at his hands, which were sweaty with anticipation. He released a trembling breath as he arranged the table, his hands unsteady with excitement. 

The room was filled with the warm glow of Christmas lights, casting a romantic ambiance over the scene.

John would normally help Thomas with these kinds of things, 

but he was out on a date with Alexander. 

The sole reason he hadn't brought James on a date to wed him was because John would be behind those fortes.

Thomas wanted this to be a special moment between just him and James. Even if it wasn't some grand restaurant

Thomas looked down at his outfit, a red and green plaid flannel jacket with a green shirt, and a simple white t-shirt underneath. 

The jacket was a gift from Lafayette who got it made for Thomas by his boyfriend. It was because his old Christmas outfits were 

"Making kids cry on how un-festive he looked."

He had a red scarf on his neck, advancing down to his waist, with dim wash dress pants and red boots. 

The boots were a present from John because, "I'm giving you a start to a rainbow collection of boots."

Thomas put the glasses down on the table, before sitting down crossing his legs, and taking a deep breath. 

He could hear James's footsteps approaching the door, his heart beating faster with every step.

"If it's all macaroni, I will get a divorce!" James shouted back, his voice full of playful teasing.

"Give me ten more minutes then, sweetheart!" Thomas rushed to the kitchen, his hands skimming onto the counter, transmitting a shock down his spine. 

He quickly created hot cocoa, with a tube of vanilla ice cream, James's favorite.

"I'm fine with all macaroni, Thomas. It was a joke!" James laughed, his voice full of love. He put his hand on the doorknob, slowly turning it.

Thomas rushed to their bedroom door, putting his elbow on the door frame, "What brings you here Jammy?" He asked, his hands forming sweat again.

James wore a long-sleeve shirt with a white collar piercing escaping at the top, and the white hem of the shirt sticking out underneath. 

A little green bow on the top. He also had raven dress pants and green boots, looking as handsome as ever.

"Is the bow too much? I feel like the bow is too much," James worried, looking at Thomas with desperation.

"You look amazing, lovely," Thomas said, his eyes filled with admiration. He couldn't help but feel lucky to have James in his life.

He opened his mouth only to shut it again, his throat felt dry, and he wished his mouth would say something, anything.

"Do I look that bad?" James asked, sniffing, his voice full of vulnerability.

"No! You, I, I'm sorry, I, my words, aren't being words? Like, I've been with you for years, yet, I can't help but feel, helpless around you still," Thomas looked behind him, trying to get rid of the feeling of James's eyes on him, judging him.