Arc 2: Kingdom Goddess - Chapter 52

The quiet permeated my bedroom like a suffocating blanket. Here in my castle, my private goddess domain, I was only one living thing. This both was comforting and soul crushingly lonely. Here there were do distractions leaving me truly and utterly alone with my thoughts. Of course this was only part true as inside my head there was someone else. However the heart and mind are not always in agreement on things and the loneliness of the castle weighed on me.

I lay on my back in the bed, my eyes closed as I went over the events of the previous day. Once again I had killed someone, this time while fully aware of it. Some mage had just shown up and started killing people. That kind of wanton murder could not be tolerated. They were an immediate threat that had to be dealt with. Their sentence would have been death if they were handed over to human justice anyway.

Was there really no other way though? I hated killing or at least I thought I did. Yet deep in my heart I wanted to see evil purged from the world and evil people suffer for their actions. Sub-chan was the origin of this feeling. Though I'd confronted her on it before it seemed that wasn't good enough. She lusted for blood, I lusted for blood, or at the blood of those that commit objective evil.

With a deep sigh I drop down into the goddess zone, the familiar surroundings making me feel less alone already. There at my fingertips was the map with every worshiper that knew me meaning I was never truly alone no matter where I went. There was of course also Miya here as well. The pretty high priestess who was currently sitting over by Sub-chan at the desk.

With frustration building within me I stomped over to where the two of them were sitting and put my hands up on the desk. Both of them looked at me as I approached. My subconscious giving me somewhat of a glare.

Miya smiled and waved.

"Hello again Jenna! How are you?"

"I'm doing fine" I replied quickly.

My tone of voice indicated that I was in fact not fine. This was something that Miya picked up on as it was hard to miss, though Sub-chan would already know how I'm feeling. How we're feeling.

I turned to address Sub-chan as my fingers tapped on the counter-top. There was an annoyed edge to my voice as I spoke, my eyes looking her directly in the face.

"There's a few things we need to talk about."

Sub-chan kept her blank stare and looked right back at me.

"I don't need to talk to you about anything."

This response got an immediate reaction out of me. My right eye twitched and I stopped tapping my fingers, a frown forming on my face.

"Excuse me?" I retorted. "Just who do you think you are?"

"You" she replied flatly.

I let out a groan and slapped myself on the forehead with my left hand.

"Shut up! I know that ok? That's not what I mean."

Miya was getting visibly nervous as she watched the two of us conversing. She could tell an argument was brewing and she was genuinely concerned about what would happen. With a timid voice she interjected.

"Well Jenna..." she started. "Doesn't Sub-chan already know what you're thinking? So I suppose she wouldn't need to talk to you to know what you're thinking right?"

I dropped my hand from my face and slapped it back on the counter in a fist. It was clear I was getting angry and my voice showed it.

"This isn't about her knowing what I'm thinking!" I almost shouted. "This is about her making me do things!"