Arc 2: Kingdom Goddess - Chapter 82

Gloomy skies of gray dominated the heavens as another droll winter day overcame the land. Billowing gusts of wind carried with them ice loaded clouds that deposited snow to blanket the landscape below. This was miserable weather to most and very little productive work could be done in the out of doors in such conditions. Despite this however people's daily lives went on and they did what they could. Not everyone could be immune to cold like a goddess.

The city of Vinedenne was my first stop to spread the good news. Here I quickly found the resident head mage and my general friend Ferherlyn. It was one of my usual stop and grabs before spiriting him away with me to the castle proper to find Quarely Mettlelin my lord friend. None of these people were difficult for me to find due to my ability to just see their location at all times on my map. They quite often forgot this fact and thus my sudden appearances often surprised them.

Together Ferherlyn and I stepped out of a portal inside Vindenne Castle, right into the room Quarely was dressing himself. He had just been changing out of his formal attire into something more casual and I had waited until he was just about done before barging in on him. Because I could see anyone anywhere at anytime I wanted sometimes I peered in on people's lives at such times as these. It was just something I had gotten used to seeing and didn't bother me, though of course I tried to give people as much privacy as possible.

Quarely jumped in horrified surprise as his goddess and head mage stepped from the glowing doorway into his room. He had just finished pulling his pants up and had only an undershirt on.

"Great heavens!" He cried out, leaping back several feet.

Ferherlyn immediately blushed in shame and took a step back from where he stood behind me, the portal having already closed.

"I-I'm sorry sir!" He stammered. Then looking down at me. "Goddess you really should be more mindful of other's privacy!"

I just shrugged and looked over at Quarely as he rushed to put on a shirt.

"Nothing I haven't seen before." I replied. "Besides I am super careful about giving people their privacy."

Quarely let out a deep sigh and finished putting on his shirt. He then stood tall and tried to put on a more dignified appearance.

"Most people knock goddess." he said. "But I know you already knew that. This must be quite important for you to arrive so suddenly."

"It quite is." Ferherlyn added. "Our goddess has developments on the undead crisis."

I grinned quite proud of myself and put my hands on my sides.

"That is I've solved it." I said triumphantly.

Quarely looked down at me with wide eyes, though he wasn't quite as surprised as expected. He was probably expecting a goddess to solve problems in a timely manner and he couldn't be blamed for that.

"I see!" He said looking between his two guests. "Why don't we sit down in the room over and you can tell me about it."

I nodded. "Sure. But I can't stay long so I'll have to make it quick. Gotta tell the king and whatnot the news too. The problem was literally just wrapped up less than like an hour ago."

Quarely smiled and nodded back, then lifted his hands up in a welcoming gesture.

"Well then I'm thankful you decided to come tell me first goddess!" He said with a smile. "Lets go sit immediately."

The three of us all walked out of the large changing room and into the main living area of the lord's quarters. There was a warm fire burning in the fireplace and several small tarts of some kind on a plate resting on the table. It was common for family members and special guests to be entertained in here after all and so the annex of the lord's chambers often served as a meeting room.