Arc 2: Kingdom Goddess - Chapter 60

Another beautiful fall day came to the city of Vinedenne, perhaps the only major city in the kingdom that its goddess enjoyed visiting. That was of course due to its leader Lord Quarely, a man who's moral character placed him above all the other high society members in my eyes. It was his city that first welcomed a young goddess and assisted in my pursuits. This wasn't a secret in the kingdom either and had caused no small amount of jealousy in the other province's lords.

All these things weren't for me to worry about today though. No today I was here in Vinedenne in order to finalize preparations for the first ever public school in regards to personnel. The construction would soon begin at the nation's capital of the official building but it would mean nothing without teachers to educate there. It was Quarely and his council that I had trusted with selecting people for this task and it was finally time to come gather them up.

Right now I was heading into the large meeting hall attached to the city's local university. It wasn't anything too fancy as it was a small city, but it certainly did serve its local province well. The people to be my teachers were chosen from this place by Quarely and interviewed by him in order to see their moral character, something I had pointed out that was important to me. I had briefly met them myself once they were selected of course and found them to be genuine.

Picking them from a university was a smart idea. This meant they were already educated people and likely had a passion for learning. So all I had to do was give them copies of my curriculum books and have them be educated in the specific topics inside them. Some of the basic things like math and reading were of course already known to them from their education here at the university, but the more unknown things like geology and biology were things they had to learn.

Thus they were sequestered away to study with occasional inputs from me on specific questions until they were ready to be full on teachers themselves. This wasn't a quick process which is why it had taken several months. Honestly they still might need a bit more time for full comprehension and thankfully we did some due to the first school not being build yet. I couldn't help giving myself a pat on the back for planning ahead so well.

I walked into the room and looked around. Everyone inside it were already known to me because I could see them on my map of course, but now I was seeing them in person. There were three men altogether and one woman. Not many people for a kingdom wide spanning public school system of course, but these were just the most promising and trusted individuals that would teach more teachers. All of them were pretty old for this world's standards which is to be expected of those in the education system.

Bachous was a man of forty-eight who had short orange brown hair, blue eyes, and pinkish skin. He wore glasses and always dressed sharply. Overall a pretty easy going man, if not a stickler for details.

Favio is a man who is more flamboyant in his dress, something that also proved true for his personality. He was thirty-seven and had neck length reddish brown hair, light green eyes, and pale skin.

Caston was a certified old geezer as a man of fifty-one. He had short black hair, orange eyes, and creme skin. Perhaps due to his "old" age he was more laid back then any of the others, though he had a temper when it came to how he thought things should be done.

Last but not least there was the thirty-six year old woman Adva. She had long blue-green hair that reached her back, pink eye, and fair skin. She also wears glasses and has accepted being childless in life in exchange for the dedication she has towards learning.

All four teachers to be were sitting down on the same side of a large wooden table in the rather extravagant room. If it weren't for all the movies I'd seen it would've been more impressive the sheer amount of educational paraphernalia filling the place. From books to paintings, maps and statuettes, this place had it all. The décor was ignored by the four humans as well since they were too distracted by the literal goddess walking into the room.