Arc 2: Kingdom Goddess - Chapter 99

Wonderful winter gales swept in fresh snow here in the Teforh Forest. This made for a white Christmas and was always something people could get excited for in the middle of the cold season back in the previous world I lived in. It was my goal for this year to make this a reality for the people of this year as well, or at least start the process in the village of Doovlin. The people of this world already celebrated what amounted to the winter solstice but I felt that the general joy spreading of Christmas would fit in nicely.

To help propagate the holiday cheer I had recruited my high priestess and high priest. Together we and the tag-along fairy were going to be passing out presents and simple cookies to the people of Doovlin alongside explaining briefly what the holiday was about. Instead of us traveling all around the world in a single night we were having people come throughout the day to the main hall of the village center where they could collect the items.

Since it was pretty freakin cold outside we also had some hot food to share as well. There was soup, mashed potatoes, the cookies, and honey ham. Pretty basic stuff and nothing outside the possiblities of the general public in this world. The hall was also decorated with plenty of pleasant candles and my "magical" colored lights. There was also a Christmas tree again, though unlike last year it was much more modest and only filled up the hall itself instead of the goddess sized one I had done before.

At the moment I was standing in the main hall with Miya, Timothy, and Duncan. They were going to help me pass out the presents while Salferia fluttered about generally being as little of a bother as I could hope. Jackson wanted to help with the food but had to keep to the inn with his son due to the weather as it was an important building for travelers. His wife Illena and his twelve year old daughter came instead and were more than plenty to handle the food serving as they had lots of experience in the inn. Currently they were a short distance away from us doing the cooking I had instructed them on.

The young girl was named Salome and had darker hair than either of her parents that flowed down to her upper back. She had brown eyes, a clear recessive trait, and pale skin. She was very well behaved and an excellent cook also thanks to all the help around the inn she was used to giving. With her was the small doll I had given to her as a present last Christmas time. She had named it Henna after the goddess that gifted it to her and liked having it around despite how childish having a doll might be.

I along with all my helpers were dressed in red felt suits, white gloves, black boots, and a red dangling hat. It was the classical Santa Claus outfit and while none of these people knew what it meant I was here to explain it to them. It was still midday and the people wouldn't be coming until a few hours from now which gave plenty of time for my history lesson and final preparations. We all looked pretty silly honestly due to how out of place this whole thing was. Looking around one could mistake themselves for being in my world.

Salferia flew past Timothy's face and kicked him in the nose with a giggle.

"You look so pathetic little Timtim! You certainly let this goddess make a mockery of you!"

Timothy jerked backwards when his nose was hit and then frowned in the opposite direction of the fairy. It was clear he had a fair bit of embarrassment.

Miya giggled herself and gave the young man a pat on the shoulder.

"I think it looks pleasantly silly on us all." She said with a smile. Then with a look to me. "I'm sure our lovely goddess is going to explain these outfits to us."

I nodded my head with my hands on my hips. Truly with my tiny human height I should really be an elf. But I had decided to keep that particular part out of the holiday here. Partly it was because of the fact elves actually did exist here and it could be seen as extremely insensitive to compare them to what north pole elves were.