Arc 2: Kingdom Goddess - Chapter 81

With my two captives still in hand I entered the dining hall of the castle and walked over to the large table. Everything here was sized up for my goddess height obviously, making it overwhelmingly immense to anyone else that visited. These two undead however I felt would need the visual environmental reminder of who was in charge here which is why I didn't choose my tiny house.

Somewhat gently I deposited both of them on the tabletop and summoned a smaller table and chairs in human scale for them sit at. I then prepared to sit down myself and talk to them when a thought popped into my head, it coming from Sub-chan no doubt. The thought was this: because I'd already shown my utter dominance as a goddess continuing to do so might be counterproductive to my plans of showing them that I wasn't like other goddesses.

Thus in contrary to my previous plan I decided to change into human size and join them on the top of the table. With a very stern expression on my face I walked over to one side of the tiny table and sat down, adjusting its height for my child body. Then I gestured to the two chairs opposite me.

"Well sit." I commanded.

With some hesitation Barthenor finally walked over to the table and sat down in the chair on my left. Neske followed him like an obedient puppy and sat down next to him on my right. Neither of them looked very comfortable and it wasn't just due to the larger than life surroundings. This entire situation was likely extremely new and frightening for them. Not to mention the way this goddess was acting flew in the face of probably everything they knew about them, and they had met the goddess of old.

I let out a small sigh and leaned forward into the table, my elbows being put down on the wood so that my hands could be folded together to support my chin. Then I looked slowly between the two of them while I gathered my own thoughts. They sat in silence waiting for me to make the first move.

"So..." I said. "Here we are."

Barthenor had his hands on his lap stared right back at me with his pinlight eyes in those empty sockets. He was displaying a high level of bravery. Either that or his existence as a lich had simply made him lose his ability to feel fear. For some reason though I had a feeling he was very afraid right now, its just his lack of skin made it impossible to tell from his face.

"You've demonstrated your abnormality compared to others of your kind." He said in his hallow voice. "You seem want to talk. So let us talk."

With a small yet unhappy smile I dropped my hands down onto the table and sat up in my chair a bit more. I then flipped my hair back behind my shoulders before speaking.

"Lets start with what your big bad evil plan is huh? You're a lich I know you have one. You weren't collecting all that army for nothing." I then smirked. "And don't bother lying to me. You know that won't end well for you."

Barthenor's gaze stayed locked onto me. Perhaps he had already gone through the possible outcomes with his cold logic and decided that there was nothing more to lose. Regardless of what he was thinking he spoke in a manner appearing quite honest. So much so that the shocked expressions from his vampire minion gave away the truth to his words.

"You speak truth." He started his reply by saying. "The undead I was collecting were indeed to serve as an army in my conquest of the surrounding area."

I lifted my left hand and looked at my fingernails for a moment before returning my hand back down to the table.

"And how many people did you kill to get that army?" I asked in a serious tone. "You tried to wipe out at least one village. The werewolves."

The lich gave his vampire pet a look which made her shrink down into her chair in what appeared to be shame of some kind. He then turned back to me and bowed his head respectfully.