Part 35

Around 1 pm Arnav woke up and found Khushi staring at him. He yawned and asked her how long has she been looking at him. She told him she woke up half an hour before but she didn't want to wake him.

Arnav got up and got fresh then the both walked down the stairs to find something to eat. They saw Alia and Meera sitting at the counter having a conversation and drinking coffee.

Khushi made eye contact with Alia and quickly looked away and her face instantly turned bright red. Khushi knew without a doubt her mom had told her aunt.

Khushi joined them at the counter and Arnav grabbed the ingredients he needed and started making them lunch. No one said anything, but khushi could see from the corner of her eye that her mother was looking at her.

Arnav set the food to cook and went to the living  room to watch tv telling his mom to finish cooking. When khushi saw Arnav was out of earshot she told her mom to be out with it and say why she has been staring at her.

Meera looked to Alia and Alia signaled with her eyes for her to say what she was thinking. Meera   took a deep breath then asked Khushi if she and Arnav were safe.

khushi looked down then said they didn't use a condom, but she was on the pill. Meera and Alia were stunned at her being on the pill, but she explained to them that Anjalie had helped her get them a while back.

Meera then asked her if she felt better and Khushi told her yes and that the bleeding was lighter. Khushi saw her mom face turned bright red and was confused.

Unbeknownst to khushi, Meera had a flash back to the day after her wedding when she barged into Alia and Anand's room, kicked Anand out and started crying to Alia to take her to the hospital because she was bleeding and in too much pain. Alia had to calm her down and explain she was fine. Though Meera had read about it before, sheer panic had taken over.

Alia realized what Meera must have been thinking about and laughed out leaving khushi more confused and Meera more embarrassed.

When the food was ready Alia called Arnav and he set the table and served everyone. Alia was proud of the gentleman her son turned out to be.

Later at night they shifted to the Raizada's house as Kabir had stopped there when he got home from work. They walked in and saw the two of them watching cricket.

It was a game of India vs West Indies; India was losing and neither of the two were happy. Everyone in the family knew that when there was a game going on they should not interrupt them. Anand and Kabir did everything trying to get Arnav to like cricket growing up, but he just wasn't a fan and often said there was better things he could do with his time than watch the game much to their disappointment.

Khushi walked in and sat beside her father and Uncle and expressed her upset at them for not calling her to watch with them since it was the semi final. Khushi was their little cricket princess,  she had join a cricket team when she was about 8, but gave it because she hated being out. She still loved to watched though and the 3 of them often indulge in the game.

Arnav went to his room and Meera and Alia sat on the other couch. Meera look lovingly at Kabir and Khushi, khushi had her head rested on her dad's shoulder and they were very focused on the game. Her little girl was now a woman, but she was still their baby.

Meera knew that if Anand and Kabir had known what had happened the night before, instead of watching the game Arnav would be dead and Anand and Kabir would be in jail for murder. The adults never liked keeping secrets from each other, but that would be one her and Alia take to their graves.

❤️ for those who comment, follow, vote, and share my story
Thank you all for reading