Episode 3: Power

The Lion King: Dawn Of The Nations

Episode 3: Power

Kion had woken up, he was sitting at the edge of the Pride Rock, feeling the cold wind of the morning stroking his face and moving his mane, the peaceful land before his eyes made him proud, but that feeling encountered with one of regret, a feeling subtle enough to be overlooked.

His two cubs, Emba and Ari, met with him and sat down next to his sides. "Where's mom?" Ari asked, she was the youngest of the two, her fur was brown colored like her mother's.

Kion kept glancing frontwards. "Hunting." His attention was lost on the silence and the flat view.

"Dad." Emba expressed, the oldest, golden furred, with an early red tuft similar as his father's on his early years. "We are ready."

Kion stood immerse on his thoughts. "Okay, son."

Emba raised an eyebrow. "Dad?" He got closer to him and patted his arm. "Dad!"

Kion gasped and looked at his son, shaking his head a bit. "Oh, yes..." He looked at them both. "The..." Kion chuckled, having remembered what his children were talking about. "The roar, isn't it?"

Ari smirked back at him. "Yeah, and I have practiced a lot!" She also placed a paw on his arm. "I know you'll be impressed!"

"Calm down, Ari, there's no way you can beat me!" Emba approached her and tackled her with no warning, keeping her on the ground with his front paws.

"Emba!...get off me!" Ari struggled to move her brother away.

"If you want to be free, then fight for it!" Emba challenged her more by crouching, making it more difficult for Ari to move. Kion just watched them, cautiously.

"Emba...!" Ari bit his leg, making him to groan and growl, he immediately backed away from her, Ari then stood up, frowning at him.

Emba licked his wounded leg, a bit of blood was coming out from the injure. He growled at his sister then looked at his father. "Dad, look what she did!" He approached him and raised his leg before him to show him the wound.

Kion growled at his son with a frown of warning and scold, making him to sit down and lower his head. "You asked for it, Emba." He walked towards his daughter and reassured her, stroking her with his lower jaw. "Strength isn't a ruler's only resource." He looked back at Emba. "A ruler must be intelligent, slick." He smirked at Ari. "She was just smarter than you, Emba."

"But I was just playing." Emba argued.

"Game or not, you started it, son." Kion sat down between them again, recurrently looking at them both. "Face the consequences of your acts." He looked at Emba attentively, who lowered down his gaze when seeing his father's eyes. Kion turned to look at Ari. "This goes for you too, Ari." He glared at the horizon, letting out a sigh. "A king, a queen, any leader must live with the decisions he has made and confront them." He glanced back at Emba. "With bravery, Emba. You can cry to your mom or to me when something goes wrong, but what will happen when neither of us are here?"

Emba kept his gaze on the ground. "Sorry."

Kion locked his gaze on him for a moment then also stroked him. "Don't worry, we had something else to do, right?"

Ari got closer to her father. "Yes! The roar!"

Kion chuckled and turned to go down the Pride Rock. "What are we waiting for, then?"

The place where Kion was taking his cubs to was not too far from the Pride Rock, they arrived quite quickly to the rocky, grass covered cliff that faced several more miles of savanna, a large river passed by the cliff's foot.