Episode 31: Aid

The Lion King: Dawn Of The Nations

Episode 31: Aid

Jantu was laying over the grass, strong green as everything around him. Four cheetah cubs were with him. "He is bleeding." Faeze said.

"What do we do?" Aozo asked.

"Do we accept hyenas in Karu-Karu?" Niri asked Faeze.

"Uhm, yes, I guess." Faeze replied.

"And what are they good for?" The third cub, Tizei, inquired.

Faeze sighed. "Let me think." He walked around Jantu, checking if he had more wounds, confirming the hyena only had one, on his side.

"Faeze, maybe we should call your mom." Aozo proposed.

Faeze had his glance locked at the hyena, thoughtful. "Or..." He looked at his friends. "We could take care of him."

"Uhm, Faeze?" Aozo raised an eyebrow.

"I've heard my parents talking with the warriors, I think hyenas are enemies." Faeze explained.

"So, aren't they Karu-Karu's enemies too?" Tizei expressed.

"Yes, but..." Faeze could only see the grief in Jantu's unconscious face. "But..." He sighed. "Maybe he is good."

"Yes." Niri opined. "A hyena member could be useful!"

"Oh, for what?" Tizei asked.

"Uhm, I don't know, we'll have to find out." Niri said.

Aozo approached Jantu, sitting next to him, with a doubtful glare. "I don't know, Faeze. What if your mom finds out?"

"Well..." Faeze looked at them all with a look of warning. "If we are cautious enough, and keep or snouts shut...there's no reason for that to happen, right?" The three cubs nodded with hesitation. "Fine." He glared back at Jantu then gestured rightwards. "Let's take him to the lair."

The four cubs used all their strength to drag Jantu over the thick, green grass, dodging the tall, leaved trees, sometimes unsuccessfully, as Jantu's head just bumped in one. "Careful!" Faeze scolded, keeping moving, pushing the hyena with his head just as the others.

Niri was watching over the hyena's wound. "It's stopped bleeding."

Faeze gasped as he was starting to get tired. "Good..." He sighed. "Rest, rest..." He stopped dragging and laid down, followed by the others.

"How much left?" Tizei asked while sighing.

Faeze looked around, noticing the familiar trees and bushes that served as orientation for him. "Not too much."

"Shall we call a healer?" Niri noticed a strange yellow suppuration appearing over the wound. "That doesn't look good."

"They could tell mom, or dad." Faeze opined.

"I'm friends with Rila, Randa's daughter." Aozo said. "I could just tell her to bring her mom's stuff."

"Good idea." Faeze gestured away. "Go, then meet us at the lair." Aozo nodded at him then left in a hurry.

"Do you think he has a name?" Niri inquired.

"Duh, of course he has one." Tizei mocked.

"Either way, we won't know it until he wakes up." Faeze opined, getting onto his paws after stretching. "Rest's over, keep moving."

Niri yawned while standing up along with Tizei, both of them continued pushing Jantu with their heads as well as Faeze did. "You had to send Aozo before getting this guy in the lair, hadn't you?" Tizei disputed.