Episode 56: Enkindling

The Lion King: Dawn of the Nations

Episode 56: Enkindling

While Koca took Emba, Faeze and the rescued young animals to the Hakuna Matata Falls, Kion, Faeze and Ozel talked under the cover of Pride Rock, laying down on the fresh grass casually. "They better enjoy this rest you granted them." Ozel said. "Specially your son, my exercises are thought only for cheetahs. Nonetheless, he must train his speed just as Faeze. A fast warrior is always halfway to victory."

"I agree." Kion replied with a cold tone, rather subtly. "Koca is a fierce lion, he will empower Faeze's heart and lungs, make him fierce as our boldest warriors."

"Hm." Azaad expressed with subtle praise. "Balance, I like how this is going, despite all the doubt and fear that continue to invade me inside."

"Azaad, we are all feeling the same." Kion looked in the distance, sighing when thinking about his son. "The fear that one day, they could not return. I'm sure that my father had the same fear every day, so did my mother, my sister." He looked down briefly, just focusing on the grass between his paws, then Kion glared into Azaad's eyes. "This is our burden now."

Inside Pride Rock, Kovu was talking with his mate, accompanied by Zale, Keru and Ari, all laying down in the center of the cave. "I feel a bliss right now." Kovu nuzzled his cubs. "Everything is different."

"How so?" Kiara rested her head on his.

"Just...I know it is." A tear ran down Kovu's face. "I don't have the words to describe it."

Zale nuzzled him back and then looked into his eyes. "It's okay, dad, I've felt that too."

Kovu chuckled. "I love you all." He looked at his cubs, then at Kiara and Ari. "With all my heart."

Ari smirked at him. "We love you as well, uncle. You were always there for me in Ungari, when I felt lonely, sad."

Kovu smiled back. "You're my family, Ari, and as a family, we must take care of each other, all of us."

Keru nuzzled his father's chest lovingly. "Thanks for coming back."

Kovu licked his head with tenderness. "I will never leave you, my son." Kiara licked her mate's face, chuckling blissfully along with him. A few moments later, they fell deeply asleep along with the three cubs.

Kion, Azaad and Ozel walked together under the sun of midday. "How much time do you think it will take them to find the other guardians?" Azaad inquired. "The strongest, the bravest and the keenest of sight?"

Kion thought for a moment. "The necessary." They reached an area with many trees and bushes, covering them from the sun almost completely. "The Lion Guard can't have good warriors, or even excellent warriors. It can only be conformed by the best, I knew that from the beginning and I'm sure that Emba and Faeze know that as well."

Ozel's nose twitched, then he saw the silhouette of two animals approaching from afar. "Hm, it seems you have more visitors, your majesty."

Kion sniffed a bit for a moment, catching the scent of jackals. "Yes, it must be Dogo." Kion had guessed well, Dogo and Bedor approached them, Dogo's face reflected happiness and love. "Kion." He let out a sudden chuckle, then looked at Azaad and Ozel with a raised eyebrow. "And you must be...Azaad, king of Ferezan."

"Nice to meet you, king of the Outlands." Azaad bowed his head. "This is Oz..."

"Ozel, yes." Dogo smiled at the captain of Ferezan's legions. "Brave and bold warrior you are. Thank you for everything, fighting by your side was truly an honor."

Ozel nodded politely. "The honor was mine."

Dogo let out another brief chuckle before looking at Kion again. "Kion, you surely know why have I come here."