Episode 53: Legacy

The Lion King: Dawn of the Nations

Episode 53: Legacy

The lion cubs and the little cheetahs walked by the narrow river, the sound of the rapidly running water eased the hearts of the younglings, specially Keru's. "I wish I could get in there and swim."

"Uhm, that wouldn't be a good idea, Keru." Ari said.

"I know that's why I said 'I wish'." Keru replied.

"Hm, maybe you could swim in the Maji Safi." Faeze looked at the lion cubs with an inviting gaze.

"What's a Maji Safi?" Emba inquired.

"It's a big pool, with some cascades and stuff." Faeze said as they walked up a tall rocky mound. "It's not too far away from here."

"Oh, like Ungari." Keru commented.

"If you swim we'll watch you from a...considerable distance." Tizei said.

"Why? Don't you guys like to swim?" Zale asked.

"No, we hate water." Aozo said. "At least being in it."

"For real? That's strange." Keru opined.

On the meantime, Kion, Fuli and their respective mates also walked by the river, following their cubs with a stealthy and distant supervision. "Your kid looks like a good leader." Kion told Fuli.

"Because he is a good leader." Azaad said arrogantly.

Fuli chuckled. "Faeze has always been smart and curious, his friends follow him in every crazy adventure he thinks of."

"Wonderful." Kion said with a smile. "Emba has grown so much, he's also got that special light inside." He looked at the front with a thoughtful glare. "Our kinds need leaders like them, protecting and fighting just as we did."

Fuli looked at him briefly after his statement, seeing a new conviction in his eyes, one that surely included her son. Distant memories came into her mind as the singing of the river continued and they kept walking on the soft grass. Kiara saw the faces of doubt of Fuli and Azaad, also noticing some hostility in the latter's eyes. "You all should come visit us soon, to Pride Rock." Kiara changed the still early topic abruptly. "You have been excellent hosts and we must return the favor."

"There's no favor to return, Kiara." Fuli replied amicably. "This is what friends do." She smiled at her, and Kiara smirked back.

"We are a family, all of us." Kion said, still looking at the front. "We're of the same pride."

The fireflies pleased the sight of the little cubs as they arrived at the Maji Safi, their light reflected beautifully on the calm water of the pool, and the sound of the small cascades gave bliss to their little ears. "Woah!" Keru didn't hesitate to run towards the edge of the pool.

"Wait! It's...!" Faeze warned, but not soon enough.

"Yahoo!" Keru jumped and dived in the pool, then he rapidly got his head out of the water. "Cold! It's so cold!"

Zale chuckled along with the rest. "You'll get used to it, brother!" He exclaimed mockingly as they walked towards the edge.

"Just as you!" Emba pushed Zale with his front paws, making him fall in the cold water. Zale got his head out of the water while looking at Emba with a brief gaze of annoyance. "E...Em...b...ba!" He said while trembling.

"You'll get used it to it...cousin!" Emba started to laugh and then Ari tackled him, making both of them fall into the water.

Faeze looked at his new friends with a smile. "That spot looks dry enough." Faeze gestured at a flat elevation that was next to the pool, it was partially covered by lianas and other long plants that made a natural curtain.