Episode 30: Breakage

The Lion King: Dawn Of The Nations

Episode 30: Breakage

Jenuk ran like he never did before, with his paws aching and his lungs at their limit, his hind leg was bleeding by the bite of his brother. "I'll catch you, brother!" Jakir warned with a ruthless chuckle. "I'll catch you!"

"Jenuk, please! It's not funny!" Jenuk replied, his breathing was heavy and quick.

"It's not meant to be! This is life, Jenuk, you fight or you d...!" Jakir gasped and widened his eyes, stopping his steps rapidly and briefly sitting down, then he got into his paws again and started to walk backwards, with his ears lowered and a face of fear.

Jenuk hid behind his mother, who was walking towards Jakir. "Fight or what, Jakir?" Jaira got closer to him. "Fight or what!"

Jakir trembled and stopped walking, laying over the ground and lowering his head. "Nothing..."

"No, tell me!" Jaira grabbed him with her jaws and threw him, making him to land strongly over the ground. Jakir coughed and groaned then looked at his mother, who was walking around him. Jenuk had gone to the cave which was already near. "Jakir!" Jaira insisted.

"Or die!" Jakir exclaimed with tears on his face. "You fight or you die!" He started to cry as his mother's eyes of scold and rage were unbearable for him.

"Are you stupid, Jakir?! What were you thinking?!" Jaira approached him. "Starting fights, hurting our gentile hosts! Hurting your own brother!" Jakir didn't say a word. "Answer to me!"

"Sorry!" Jakir exclaimed, still sobbing. "I was bored, that's all!"

Jaira's eyes widened. "And that gives you the right to do what you did?!"

"No." Jakir spoke softly.

"Jakir!" Jaira's rage had grown.

"No!" Jakir got into his paws, keeping his glare on hers.

Jaira looked at him for a long moment, with a frown of disappointment and anger. "You sleep outside, ten days." She turned and started to walk away.

Jakir gasped. "Mom! It's cold at night!" Jaira looked at him over her back, managing to end the discussion with her authoritarian glance. Jakir stood there, still affected by his mother's scold as the trembling of his body didn't stop.

Meanwhile, in the cave, Jasiri was laying on the ground along with her cubs and mate, licking the wounds of Jara, while Janja did the same with his son's. "Shhh...it's okay, sweetie...it's all over." Jasiri reassured, licking her bleeding forehead. "I'm here."

"Dad, I wanted to fight at first but...my sister." Jaye spoke between sobs of guilt.

Janja chuckled reassuringly. "You did the right thing, my son." He kept licking his wounded face. "I'm here, I won't let anything happen to you or your sister."

Jenuk was sitting on the opposite corner of the cave, looking at them with a guilty glare. Jaira entered the cave and walked towards him. "Let me see..." She made him lay down. "Oh..." She gasped when seeing his trembling hind leg, covered in blood. She growled. "That little beast..." She said with anger and started to lick Jenuk's leg.

"Where is Jakir?" Jenuk asked.

"Outside." Jaira responded.

"You punished him?" Jenuk inquired, gasping after his mother licked a painful spot on his wound.

Jaira kept licking his wounded leg. "He must learn his lesson, Jenuk." After finishing, she straightened and smirked at him. "Rest, son." She turned and walked towards Janja and Jasiri with shame. "I'm so sorry. This shouldn't have happened." Jaira lowered down her head while shaking it. "Maybe we should leave."