Episode 29: Bloom

The Lion King: Dawn Of The Nations

Episode 29: Bloom

Javara was running rushedly over the vast and dry grass, chasing her newly found prey, a zebra that stood no chance against her quick paws. She forced the zebra to run more closely to the cave, as she wouldn't have been able to drag him all the way there. Right when she had her prey right where she wanted, Javara jumped and bit his neck strongly, the zebra brayed loudly and fell to the ground, the hyena's jaws didn't stop biting, she strengthened the pressure of her teeth against the neck of the agonizing zebra, staying that way for a few moments, until her prey finally died. Javara got onto her paws, munching and swallowing the chunk of meat she had ripped out, walking into the cave.

Juzare was laying on the same spot he always used, on the cave's furthest corner, Javara let out a sigh of pity and made up a heartwarming smile while approaching him. The elitas under and over his legs had been renewed. "Sleepy..." She got next to him and slid under him then straightened, carrying him over her back. "It's meal time already." Javara spoke with a motherly tone.

Juzare groaned. "Won't you let me sleep until dinner?" He was slowly opening his eyes.

Javara chuckled. "I don't want lazies in our cave."

"Our cave, huh?" Juzare replied, then they went outside.

Javara walked towards the dead zebra and gently crouched before it, laying Juzare over the grass. "It took me a while to find this..." She sighed. "But it should be enough for two days."

"Maybe more." Juzare was glancing at the zebra. "I'm not hungry."

"Oh no, dear." Javara approached the zebra's side and bit it strongly then ripped out a huge chunk of meat, she then went with Juzare and dropped the piece of meat in front of him. "Eat, you are not getting better without energy."

"My legs don't hurt anymore." Juzare argued.

"That's not what I mean." Javara responded, moving the meat with her snout, getting it closer to his. "Please, Juzare..." She insisted. "...please."

Juzare was looking into her pleading eyes, getting lost in their blissfulness for a long moment, managing to see the effort that she had gone through to get that meal. He switched his gaze to the piece of meat and after briefly looking at her again, he took a small bit, munching it slowly, closing his eyes and sighing with enjoyment. Javara smirked at him then she turned to have her own piece of meat. "More." Juzare suddenly said, making her to look over her back, her eyes widened when seeing Juzare had already eaten the entire chunk of meat she had given to him. Javara chuckled and replied with a serviceable nod, walking towards the zebra and ripping out another piece of meat, then she held it out to Juzare, leaving it gently over the grassy ground. Juzare looked into her eyes and smirked subtly, then he began to eat the new piece of meat, with big munches and expressions of delight.

After they got fully satiated, the two hyenas stayed outside, laying over the ground. "How do you fell now?" Javara asked.

Juzare's eyes now showed a more hopeful hue as he glared at the horizon. "Better." He replied with a little smirk.

Javara smiled at him. "I'm so glad to hear that, Juzare."

Juzare got thoughtful, he slowly lowered down his gaze, adopting a glare of intrigue. "Javara." He was glancing at the dry blood that stained the grass. "Why did you save me?"

"Well..." Javara wasn't entirely sure about her answer. "...I felt I had to."

Juzare tried to figure it out himself. "Because I was your captain?" He straightened his head and looked at her with a rather straight face. "Subordination?"