Episode 34: Quiescence

The Lion King: Dawn Of The Nations

Episode 34: Quiescence

Jakir got into the little, mysterious forest, yet a strangely calm and peaceful place, the cold of the night was almost absent there, the trees, also rather small sized, embraced him with a warmth he was thankful to be receiving, comforting his numb legs and paws. Flying insects illuminated the place dimly yet adequately, glowing with a light blue, mixing with the green and brown tones of the trees and plants.

The little hyena cub had forgotten why he went there in the first place, delighted by the music that a hidden river performed along with the crickets' singing, seeing how the light of the stars went through the leaves of the trees, in a way he had never experienced before. Jakir decided to sit down over the fresh ground, getting his front paws inside the cold soil, enjoying the peace he was having, while not feeling sleepy, he certainly felt like if he was having a deep rest, wondering how his family would react to the strange place he had found. There he remembered his intentions there, so he got onto his paws and kept walking while tilting his head occasionally, trying to hear some slight noise that could lead him to a prey.

The minutes passed and Jakir still couldn't find any prey, but he didn't feel impatient or upset, he just kept walking, avoiding laying branches and rocks, discovering new paths to follow, unexpected passages that led him to more beautiful spots inside that enigmatic forest. He stumbled upon a river, one of many as he had previously discovered. Jakir stood on the edge of the river, looking at its blue water, glowing by the stars above. He carefully got his paw inside the water, gasping as he thought it would feel cold, but on the contrary, it felt very warm, even warmer than the air around him. Hesitantly, Jakir jumped into the water, staying sunk for a long moment, with his eyes closed, enjoying the heat of the river's quiet water.

Jakir finally stuck his head out of the water, taking a deep breath while laughing blissfully, even suspecting he could've been in a dream. He just swam casually in the tranquil blue water, just thinking and remembering, letting the thoughts join and lead to new ones, admiring the scene with his own words, in his mind or sometimes with whispers. Jakir didn't feel alone, despite having no animals around him other than the bugs, every feeling but sadness, unrest or anguish was present there, now he was completely sure he would tell his mother, his brother and his new family about that fascinating forest.

After feeling tired, he swam towards the top of a rock that came out of the water, gently getting his paws over it and laying down, still incredibly close to the water. He got lost in the clearness of the river, looking at the beautifully distorted rocks and vegetation sunk in the bottom of it, then he just looked at his surroundings, resting his head over his front paws. He closed his eyes slowly, starting to get asleep, being softly lulled by the sound of the warm wind and the singing of different insects, getting embraced by the gentle darkness of a dream to come, one that revealed slowly, in the form of a song.

A new horizon shines for you,

One of love and lustrous feelings,

Set apart your hate and anger,

Care for those who live around you.

Take the mission, take this calling,

As no one can replace your deeds,

Feel brave, strong and confident,

By the heat your heart has received.

Know this is way more jubilant,

Something much greater than your pride,

As claws our words and actions can,

Injure the ones who share our fight.