Episode 57: Contrition

The Lion King: Dawn of the Nations

Episode 57: Contrition

"The Lion Guard?" Usu inquired with great intrigue. "But...I'm not a lion."

"Neither am I." Faeze shrugged.

Usu chuckled. "Yeah you're right, but...I don't know, all of this sounds like...work, you know?" He scratched his nape. "Patrolling, protecting the Pride Lands, fighting the forces of evil...kicking tail every day hmm..." Usu thought for a brief moment. "Let me see, alright I'm in!"

"Yes!" Emba celebrated. "Thanks, Usu, we'll be a great team!"

"Yeah, yeah. Now, where do I sign?" Usu inquired.

"Uhm, well..." Emba got out of the pool, shaking to get some water off him, then he approached Usu. "As the leader of the Lion Guard, I name you 'The Bravest', so you defend the Pride Lands with your bold and firm heart." He placed his paw on Usu's shoulder, then bright and dazzling shines of light revealed the Guard's mark, to Usu's astonishment.

"Woah." Usu chuckled with excitement while glaring at the mark and rubbing it. "That's sick!"

Emba smiled and looked at Faeze. "Only two left to find."

The three now friends and teammates went back into the water, swimming and relaxing among the other young animals. They passed through a tunnel that led to a set of caves, water dripped from their rocky ceiling, covered with creepers and colorful fungi, insects and flowers. "Usu, your home is so awesome." Emba's voice echoed all inside that place.

"I know." Usu boasted.

They continued swimming through the caves, until they reached a bigger and taller cave, with a small cascade falling into a pool, surrounded by thick, colorful plants and glowing fungus. "Woah..." Faeze expressed as he swam towards the edge of the pool and got out of the water, shaking off and laying down on the wet, rocky ground, sighing as he looked up, admiring the colorful and bright vegetation.

"Tired of the water, Faeze?" Emba inquired.

"Yeah, I don't like it that much." Faeze yawned.

"It didn't look like that to me." Usu chuckled. "I guess I'm..." He also swam towards the edge and got out, stretching and letting out a long yawn. "...I'm taking a quick nap here."

"Oh come on, boys, can't we explore a bit more?" Emba inquired.

Faeze yawned. "Maybe later." After a few minutes, Emba joined them in their nap time, which was deep and peaceful.

It was just fun and bliss in the Hakuna Matata Falls, where the cubs and calves kept playing and cleaning themselves in the water, the majority of the cheetah cubs did so briefly and just kept having fun and relaxing outside of the pools, as Faeze did. After a couple of hours, Koca stood up and stretched, letting out a yawn and jumping off the high rock he had been laying on. "Alright, younglings, fun's over! Let's go back home."

"Aw, can't we stay here a little bit more?" One of the lion cubs pleaded.

"No." Koca replied coldly, then looked at the rest of the young animals. "Out of the water you all."

Emba, Faeze and Usu were walking near the edge of the pool, Usu was laying on Faeze's back. "Your fur is soft as heck, pal." Usu praised.

Faeze chuckled. "Thanks, it's...just the way it is."

"Do you want to come with us, Usu?" Emba inquired. "We can go check out our new lair!"

"Oh, a lair...you bet I wanna see that, buddy." Usu yawned and kept resting on Faeze's soft back. "Tell me when we arrive."