Episode 47: Scrimmage

The Lion King: Dawn of the Nations

Episode 47: Scrimmage

The lions and cheetahs of the Pride Lands and Ferezan were ready to go, standing in formation, arranged in rows. Koca, captain of the pridelanders and Ozel, captain of the ferezans, stood on a mound under Pride Rock, with Kion, Kiara and Kovu by their sides. "You all know the strategy, the lions will attack their equals of Baturu's forces as well as the rhinos."

"Cheetahs, you will help the lions with the rhinos, and also, battle against Baturu's cheetahs." Ozel explained.

"The jackals will deal with the sandcats and the vultures." Koca reminded. "We'll meet with them in our way to Baturu's territory."

"Is everything clear?" Ozel inquired.

"Yes, captain!" The warriors responded with certainty.

Koca glared at Kion. "My king." He bowed his head and stepped aside, letting Kion take some steps to the front.

Kion looked at his warriors, with a hopeful and confident glance. "The war ends tonight! This is the final battle against Baturu and his reign of malice and devastation. The future of the Pride Lands, of Ferezan and every reign beyond is in our paws!" He let out a powerful roar, making his warriors chirrup and roar loudly as well. "We will come back home with chants of victory, or perish under the claws of the enemy, either way, we would have given our lives, our bodies and spirits to defend our freedom! To protect the circle of life!" Kion glared into the sky for a moment, then closed his eyes. "Father...it is time." He mumbled softly. "You, who lives with The White Lion...ask Him to give us his strength, so we can fulfill our duty." His ear twitched as he heard quick steps rushing towards them from behind, it was Zale, who approached his father and stood on his hind legs, nuzzling his face in tears.

"Son...you should be sleeping." Kovu nuzzled him back.

"I know." Zale said with a broken voice. "I...I just wanted to say goodbye."

"Oh, son." Kovu licked his face. "This won't take long, I promise. Your mother, your uncle and I will be here by the morning."

"How do you know?" Zale started to cry, Kiara approached him and nuzzled his back reassuringly.

Kion turned and walked towards him. "Because he has faith, Zale." Kion sat down before him, glaring into his eyes with conviction. "Same as me, and my sister." He glanced over his shoulder, looking at the rows of warriors that were ready to battle. "So all of them." Kion glared back at him. "I will protect your parents with my life, Zale. It's a promise."

Zale sobbed. "O...okay."

Kion gestured at Pride Rock. "Get inside. We must go." Zale lowered down his gaze and got all his paws on the ground, giving a last look at his family before walking away.

Kion glared at Kovu and Kiara, then at his army. "Till' the Pride Lands end!" He let out a powerful roar of battle, followed by the chirrups and roars of the warriors. Kion jumped from the mound then began to rush to battle, followed by Kovu and his sister, Koca and Ozel leaded the army, which hurried with bravery under the light of the moon and the stars.

Dogo, Bedor, Gorger and their warriors were waiting for the pridelanders and the ferezans to arrive, the rest of the jackals were crowded around them to lift their spirits. After a while, the forces of the pridelanders and their rulers arrived, stopping the rush right before Dogo, his captains and the army behind them. Kion approached Dogo and bowed his head with respect and gratefulness. "Dogo, we'll always be in eternal gratitude with you and your kingdom, for helping us bring peace once again."

Dogo bowed his head as well. "It's the least we can do. You accepted my family in your home, I will never forget that, Kion."

Koca and Ozel approached Gorger and Bedor. "If we apply the strategy correctly, we got high chances of winning the war." Koca said.