Episode 63: Resurgence

The Lion King: Dawn of the Nations

Episode 63: Resurgence

The gray clouds darkened the Pride Lands as the rain fell, accompanied by lightning and thunder. "Emba." Faeze expressed with worry. "It was an accident, none of us wanted that outcome." He placed a paw on his friend's back. The mix of rage and sadness remained intact on Emba's face, who just stopped walking and sat down on the wet grass.

"Patrol's over." Emba said with a broken voice, getting looks of confusion from the rest of the Guard.

"But we just star..." Usu jumped back by Emba's sudden reaction.

"It's over! Go away!" Emba exclaimed with great anger. "Leave me alone." He looked at Faeze lastly. "All of you." He lowered down his gaze.

Faeze looked at his friend with great pity, then he turned and started to walk away along with Usu. Chikere just flew by them. "I...I think he needs a bit of space." Faeze said as he approached Usu and Chikere.

"Oh he needs a lot of space." Usu said.

"Shouldn't we do the patrol anyway? It is our responsibility." Chikere suggested.

Faeze sighed. "Let's just call it a day, Chikere." He glared at the young eagle with sadness and disillusion. "Alright?"

"I second that." Usu shook his head as he walked downhearted.

Chikere looked at his two comrades with understanding. "Alright. I'll stay alert from above, just for a while." He flew away from them, watching over the Pride Lands as the rain and thunder kept going.

On the meantime, in front of Pride Rock, Keru and Anya played under the rain, laughing as they tackled and splashed each other with water and mud. "That looks fun." Jakir, Jaira's oldest son said as he and the other three little hyenas arrived.

"Those puddles are huge." Jaye opined.

"Uhm, do you think they are friendly?" Jenuk inquired.

"What you mean? Puddles can't be or not be friendly." Jakir looked at him with confusion.

Jenuk sighed. "Not the puddles, the lions."

"They're the king's children, I believe, so...I don't know, we should find out." Jara began to walk towards them.

"Wait, what if they bite?" Jenuk asked with concern.

"All lions bite." Jaye replied.

"I mean what if they bite us." Jenuk answered with annoyance.

"Oh, well then we bite back." Jaye replied as they walked towards Anya and Keru.

Keru smeared a big ball of mud on Anya's face with his paw. "Take that!"

"Keru!" Anya chuckled while getting the mud off her face. "I got mud in the eye!" She hit his shoulder with her paw playfully.

Keru chuckled. "Oh sorry...let me help you." He helped her by gently taking off the mud off her eye lids with his paw.

"Uhm, hi!" Jara said. "Can we play with you?"

Keru and Anya gasped a bit, looking at the hyenas with a subtle distrust. "Oh, uhm...I don't know, who...?" Keru was interrupted.

"Your dad received us here, uhm..." Jara thought for a moment, unable to remember the name of the king. "K...Kopa?"

"Kopa? Who's Kopa?" Keru inquired with confusion.

"Kion, dummy." Jaye corrected.

Jara grunted. "I was pretty close, Jaye! Don't you call me dummy!"

"Oh, no, Kion is my uncle." Keru got onto his paws and shook off the mud, followed by Anya. "Kovu's my dad."