What Hurts The Most

I was now on an airplane heading to LA with Demi sleeping beside me.

After the MSG concert last night, we fell asleep and had to wake up at ten in the morning to catch our eleven o' clock flight. Traffic in New York was the worst.

Demi had to go back to the X Factor and I had to keep promoting my singles before my album came out.

I remembered this morning again and again. It was weird seeing Zayn acting that way.

*Flashback*

Demi and I were at the reception of the hotel with our bags ready to leave. We had already said goodbye to Dani and El and now we were saying bye to the boys.

When I said Zayn was ignoring me, I really meant it. He didn't even dare look at me. Was my trying to kiss him that bad? Huh, he really didn't want me back.

"Bye Mickey." Liam said, giving me a hug.

I hugged Liam back. "Bye Liam. Take care of the boys Daddy Direction."

Liam and I let go. He grinned at me and nodded. "You know I will."

I smiled back at him.

He walked away so Niall could say bye.

"Take care of my Demi, okay?" He asked me as he hugged me.

"Of course." I nodded against his shoulder. "You've got her in good hands, Ni."

He smiled and walked to Liam where he was with Demi.

"Bye girly." Louis jumped into my arms, surprising me.

"Bye Sassmaster."

"Hey Mick." Louis whispered in my ear, arms still wrapped around me. "What's going on with you and Zayn? It seems like you guys have been ignoring each other since last night."

"I almost kissed him." I whispered back in his ear, making sure no one heard. Luckily, Harry and Zayn were distracted.

"Really?!" He scream whispered.

"Yes."

Louis pulled away a little bit to look at me. "Girl get some." He winked.

I playfully shoved his shoulder and tried not to smile. "Shut up. He's the one who stopped it from happening."

"Really?" Louis looked in disbelief.

I nodded.

"But didn't you see him at the concert last night? How energetic he looked?"

I nodded again, remembering how much he had been goofing off which was far from what he usually did onstage.

"It was because of you Mackenzie." Louis said.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

"Zayn doesn't do that regularly. Believe me, he was acting like that because of you. He saw you in the crowd and acted all un-like Zayn because he was happy you were here."

"But he doesn't have any interest in me anymore."

Louis threw his head back and scoffed. "My ass. We both know that's bullshit. Everyone knows Zayn will always have an interest in you. Hell, he has big ass hearts sticking out from his eyes when you come in the room."

I slightly blushed but frowned when I saw Zayn looking down at the ground, frowning.

Louis turned around to look at Zayn and then looked back at me. "Just ignore him. I'll figure out why he's acting this way."