Over Again

Bright flashes of cameras surrounded me as I walked along the sidewalk, heading to Olive Garden.

I looked down at the sidewalk the whole time, ignoring the paparazzi taking pictures of me.

I lightly jumped when a hand held mine and intertwined our fingers. I turned my head and saw Justin walking beside me.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to him, making sure the paparazzi didn't hear.

"We're a couple now. Couples hold hands." He explained and smiled at me lovingly while the cameras kept flashing.

Why's he looking at me that way? Oh yeah, we have to pretend in order to make everyone believe that we were actually going out.

I nodded at him and put the best smile I could do.

'JUSTIN ARE YOU OVER SELENA?!'

'MACKENZIE DID YOU ALREADY FORGET ABOUT ZAYN?!'

"We both moved on." Justin told them as we kept walking. "We're together now and we're happy."

"IS IT TRUE MACKENZIE?!'

I nodded and fakingly grinned. "Of course. I'm with Justin now, that's all that matters."

Justin smiled at me and kissed my temple lightly.

I hope we were doing a good job.

------

When we arrived at Olive Garden, we got seated in the area where it was very private and dark.

Justin and I ordered spaghetti with meatballs along with Sprite.

"Thank you for doing this Mackenzie." Justin said when the waitress left with our orders. "I appreciate it."

I nodded and smiled. "You never told me what was wrong with you and Sel. You guys rarely fought."

"Used to." Justin sighed, frowning. "It started when all the cheating rumors happened. She trusted me, but then she got tired of it. One day we were at my house and that's when she told me she didn't want to be with me anymore." He paused for a second, his breath shaking before he spoke again.

"I asked her why. Why'd she give up on use so easily ..." He trailed off. "She then started to yell at me, telling me that she had had enough with everything. The hate, the fans, the rumors ... And then she finally admitted that the main reason was because I was immature and she couldn't take that anymore."

I didn't say anything. I was just shocked by what he was telling me.

"Before I knew it, she was gone out the door. I called after her but she ignored me. She had given up on us." He whispered the last part.

I got up from my seat and sat on his lap. He moved the chair to give me some space for me to sit down. I gave him a hug, showing him that I was there for him.

"I'm sorry Justin." I whispered as we wrapped our arms around each other. "I understand now why you want her back now. What you guys have is special."

Justin nodded and grabbed my hand, giving it a light kiss.

I raised an eyebrow. "What was that for?"

He nodded his head towards in front of us. The waitress was coming our way with our food.

"If we want this to look real, we need everyone to believe it. Even the waitress." He explained. "That way, when she talks to the magazines about us, which I'm sure she'll do, she'll say something about us being all cute and coupley."