Shouldn't Come Back

June 15

Mackenzie's POV

I spent my free day with Zayn and the boys. We cruised around on a boat we rented for the day and ate dinner there before watching the final cut of This is Us.

The film was better than I expected and what I expected was pretty high.

The movie showed the boys' life on the road and how weird each of their characters were. Bits of the Take Me Home concerts were shown and a portion of the movie showed the boys and their families.

It was amazing and I couldn't wait until the fans would be able to see it, I'm sure they'd be so proud of their boys just like we all were.

There were a few seconds of the movie where I was shown backstage or on the road with the boys but it really didn't matter to me or to Zayn, our relationship wasn't a secret.

I remembered how Zayn reacted when I called him on the phone on the night when I got in a mini slap fight with Selena.

He was actually pretty chill about it and congratulated me which was unexpected. He told me he was glad that I defended myself and that was it.

I appreciated that he didn't get mad anymore about my violent moves but I promised myself that I'd control my temper now for him. I didn't want to get him angry or worried anymore.

**

June 22

It was one of those days where I felt like something bad was going to happen.

It wasn't necessarily a feeling where something but was going to happen to me but to someone I loved, it was strange but I felt it inside of me.

And just like I felt it, something bad did happen for someone I loved.

Zayn came running in the hotel room and he looked very urgent to get to me. I looked at him questionably and he was out of breath from running I assume.

"What is it?" I asked worriedly but I already knew that it wasn't going to be anything good to hear.

"D.. Demi," he tried to catch his breath as he bent forward and placed his hands on his knees.

"What's wrong with Demi?"

"Her dad died this morning," Zayn said, cautious for my reaction.

As soon as those words escaped my mouth, I grabbed my car keys from the counter and put my bag over my shoulder. "Where is she?"

"Fire Escape Hotel." Zayn answered and his breathing was back to normal.

"Niall's there but she won't let him in. He called me a few minutes ago because he knows that you'll be able to get to Demi."

"Okay." I said before going out the door.

**

"Demi, please darling, open the door!"

Niall sat with his back against the hotel room, looking frustrated and sad as he waited for his girlfriend to open the door for him.

Niall kept knocking on the door as Demi still didn't open the door nor said anything.

"Niall." I called and he looked at me as I walked towards him.

"She won't open the door."

"I can see that, move aside so I can try to talk to her." I ordered and he did as I said so.

"Demi, it's me." I knocked on the door.

"Please let me in."

"No! Please just go away!" She replied from the other side of the door, her voice was shaky and you could tell she was crying.