Replay

March 24

Zayn's POV

The day after the Kids Choice Awards, Mackenzie and I stayed in LA before we left for London again in two days.

Yesterday went pretty well. She won three Kid's Choice Awards and the lads and I won all the ones we were nominated for.

I was too shy to go up on stage and receive them since I was the only one out of the group who came, so I got them when Mackenzie and I left backstage when there was a commercial break.

We did have some stare downs with Little Mix, (mostly Mick and Perrie) but it wasn't anything where it all got physical. To my surprise, when we were headed back to our seats, Jade come over and greeted Mackenzie while her band mates were at the restrooms.

After she had left, Kenzie explained to me how she and Jade were the only ones who were cool and how she was one of the people that advised her that she was better with me than I was with Perrie.

To be honest I don't know what I saw in Perrie. Sure she was pretty and goofy but she was nothing compared to my Mackenzie.

Mackenzie was something else.

Before we got together, she was very strong and independent, well that's what she made everyone think until I broke through her falls and she let me know all her secrets she had kept to herself all these years.

She was one of those type of girls who would always be at the clubs, having the time of her life. But when you were alone with her, you'd get to see the sensitive side she's never shown anyone. It took me a while to get there but I'm glad I never gave up. Without trying I would've never had the love of my life.

"Do you want chocolate or vanilla?"

I scurried away from my thoughts and looked at the beautiful girl in front of me holding up a cone of ice cream.

"Chocolate."

She nodded and pulled the lever down as it pushed out the delicious chocolate ice cream.

She handed it to me and I grabbed it, licking it before we walked over to pay for our ice cream.

We walked out hand in hand, eating our ice cream before walking through down town LA.

"You excited to get back to London?" She asked.

"Yeah, I really want to see the girls. I am actually thinking about getting another tat too." I shrugged as she looked over at me.

"What are you thinking about this time?"

"A skull smoking." I waited for her to reply, all she did was roll her eyes.

"You know I don't like you smoking." She reminded me once again.

"I know, the skull represents death when you smoke. It's kind of like a reminder to not smoke when I'd have the urge to." I waited again for her thoughts.

"That's kind of smart actually." She admitted.

I laughed, wrapping my arm around her waist as we continued to eat our ice cream and walked towards the beach across the street.

"Yeah, whatever you say."

We got to the beach and walked along the sand, immediately many memories popped in my hand, some of them making me happy, and the others making me miserable. It's been a year since these events had taken place.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Our memories on this beach." I told her truthfully. "Everything we've been through on this very beach."