Hold On, We're Going Home

March 22

Zayn's POV

I was on my way back to the UK for the week until next Saturday when we would go back on the road for the tour.

Yesterday I had spent a free day with Louis and the boys of 5SOS at a paint balling center and the day before we had our You Channel interview.

After so much press for our tour, I was happy to be home for the week and being able to relax with my girlfriend and our puppy.

Mackenzie had the week off until next Thursday when she went back on tour around the UK. I was happy I could spend quality time with her, whatever time I had with her, I was happy. Being with her was all that mattered to me.

Tomorrow we were planning on going to the Kids Choice Awards in LA so we were taking a flight tomorrow morning.

We were going to stay in LA for a day or two at her house she shared with her father and grandma, and Colby was going to stay with them while we attended the awards.

I didn't know how it was going to be with her dad there. We haven't technically been introduced properly, me being her boyfriend and him being her dad. I didn't even know how she forgave him after he left her at a young age.

All I knew was that no matter what happened, I'd protect her from anyone who hurt her. I don't care if it's her dad, if he hurts her again, he's getting shit from me.

-------------

I had an hour and a half left of the flight and I was about to doze off but I promised myself I'd keep wide awake so when I saw her, I'd see her clearly.

@zaynmalik: so excited to see her x

@1DZayn: Mackenzie, right? @zaynmalik

@zaynmalik: right (: x @1DZayn

After I tweeted the fan, she replied with mixed letters, indicating that she couldn't believe that I had tweeted her.

@zaynlovesm: aw! I'm so happy you're going to spend time with her and your puppy (: @zaynmalik

@zaynmalik: thanks babe, I'm very excited to see her and our love (: x @zaynlovesm

The fan freaked out as well as the previous one and I laughed because of how freaked out they were that I had tweeted him. I never expected this type of reaction people made over me. I'm just Zayn.

@mloveszayn: what you planning on doing with her mister? (; @zaynmalik

@zaynmalik: I don't think it's appropriate for me to say aha (; x @mloveszayn

After I retweeted and followed some fans, I logged off twitter and waited until the plane landed, listening to my girlfriend's album.

------------

I got off the plane and headed to the waiting area with my suitcase in hand, looking for Kenzie.

There were lots of paparazzi here and it was just me. I wondered how many more there would have been if I had come with the lads. It would've been a whole crowd of them.

I ignored their flashing cameras and kept looking for her. Some fans were here but only a few so I took pictures with them until I had gone through all.

"Zayn!"

I looked up from the ground and saw her, a grin flashing on my face.

Mackenzie was standing by herself at the entrance of the airport with Colby in her arms as he squirmed under her hold, me in his sight.