Out From Under

"How is it over there?" I asked my bestfriend through the phone. I was at my house after a long day of interviews. Grandma and Dad went shopping and I was all alone at home with Colby.

Colby has grown quite a bit. His face and body have stretched out but nothing to exaggerate. He was on the floor playing with his monkey that squeaked every time you squeezed it. He kept biting it with his baby teeth.

"Eh, it's okay. We were in New York for the Today Show and Niall went to Justin Bieber's concert and Liam got mad because he got jumped. Lou, Zayn, and I stayed inside the whole time except when we went to go sign autographs for the fans." Harry explained.

"Oh. Is Liam okay now?" I asked.

"Uh I think so. He still has scratches on his arm."

"Scratches?" I asked in disbelief. I was laying on my stomach on my bed but I sat up immediately after what Harry told me. Colby heard me and quickly got up on his for paws and jumped onto my bed. He sensed my anxiety. "It's okay babe." I rubbed his fur assuring him that I was fine.

"What?"

I shook my head even though he couldn't see me. "Nothing. Just Colby watching over me." I glanced at my puppy and he looked me in the eyes. He cared for me. He layed on my lap while I rubbed his back comfortingly.

"Oh. How is the little guy anyways?" Harry asked, obviously trying to change the subject.

"He's good. My baby keeps getting bigger and bigger everyday." I told him.

"That's good. I probably shouldn't say this but Zayn keeps asking me to ask you how Colby is. He said he misses him. A lot."

"Oh." Was all I could say. "Well, I did tell him that he can drop by anytime. I mean even though we broke up doesn't mean that I'm going to make him stay away from Colby. He was the one who chose him in the first place."

"Yeah I told him that but he just brushes it off. I don't know man." I could already picture Harry shrug.

"Anyways, what happened to Liam? Don't even try to change the subject again Haz." I warned him.

Harry sighed. Probably mad at himself for even bringing it up. "The Wanted fans attacked Liam."

The Wanted fans? "What?"

"Haven't you been on Twitter lately?"

"Uh, not really." I replied.

"Well, Zayn's been having this Twitter off with one of the members of The Wanted. He's been calling him a clown and other things. Louis' been backing him up."

"Why is Zayn all of a sudden fighting with them?"

"He's protecting you."

"What?"

"One of the members was saying ' Thank God Zayn and Mackenzie broke up. Now I can finally get some of that ass.' He said other rude things about it but yeah. He said it on the X-Factor UK and one of the workers that we were friends with told Zayn."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Why is he all of a sudden protecting me? He broke up with me."

"He still cares about you though Mickey. No matter if you're together or not, he'll always be your protector."

I was speechless. He still cared about me? I couldn't get the words to sink in. No matter what, Zayn will always be my first love. I gave a shaky sigh and realized that I had tears in my eyes. "Anyways, what's been going on with you?"

Harry sensed that I wanted to change the subject so he kept up. "Nothing. Just been hanging out with the boys.... And Taylor Swift."

"Taylor Swift?"

"Uh, yeah." He spoke. "I kind of like her and we've been hanging out."

"Is it serious?"

"No. Like I said, we're just taking things slow."

"I don't mean to kill your buzz Haz, but I don't think it's a good idea to be hanging out with her. Do you know how many guys she's been with? All she does is use them to write more break up songs and I don't think that's right. I don't want that to happen to you."

"Wow what a great friend you are Mick. Since when did I ask you to choose who I date?" His voice was bitter.

"I'm not I'm just watching over you." I disagreed.

"I didn't ask you Mick."

"Look Harry, I'm sorry."

"I need to go."

"Harry-"

"Bye." He hung up.

I gave a big sigh and collapsed on my bed. Colby layed on my chest. "Colby, why are boys so complicated?" All Colby did was whimper.

-------

"Demi Lovato, stop crying." Demi said to herself as we left the movie theatre.

We had a movie date and we came to see Breaking Dawn Part 2. Demi got emotional at the end and she started crying. I don't blame her cause it was sad but I wasn't crying like she was. Maybe it was because she was on her period.

We walked around and paparazzi caught sight of us but we kept walking. It got to the point where they were walking infront of us backwards and had the camera facing towards us. Demi and I linked arms but we didn't say anything.

"Demi why are you crying?" One of them asked.

She laughed at herself and sniffed. "We just saw Breaking Dawn. It was sad."

"Was it good?" He asked.

"Yeah it was amazing. The twist really had me screaming, huh Kenz?" She turned to me.

"Yeah she wouldn't stop." I agreed.

"I'm on my period so."

My eyes popped open. I cannot believe she just said that to the paparazzi. She soon realized that but just shrugged.

"Everyone has periods so I don't care." She said.

We kept walking around and made small talk with the paparazzi. To be honest, some were really nice. They asked you how you were feeling and if you were okay.

"Mackenzie, can I ask you something?" The same one asked.

"Go for it." I smiled.

"Are you and Zayn getting back together anytime soon?"

I shook my head. "No. He's moved on."

"Have YOU moved on?"

I couldn't answer that question.

--------

The next day I went on twitter and saw that #happyoneyearlouisandeleanor. Oh! It's Louis and Eleanor's first year anniversary.

@HarryStyles: happy one year @LouisTomlinson @EleanorCalder .xx

@LiamPayne: congratttsssss @LouisTomlinson @EleanorCalder ! X

@NiallHoran: have fun on your one year you two! @LouisTomlinson @EleanorCalder x

@LouisTomlinson: happy one year with the love of my life <3 @EleanorCalder

@EleanorCalder: one year with Mr. @LouisTomlinson love you <3

@ZaynMalik: congrats on your one year together! @LouisTomlinson @EleanorCalder

@Mackenzie_Love<33: HAPPY ONE YEAR GUYS! <3 @LouisTomlinson @EleanorCalder

@EleanorCalder: @Mackenzie_Love<33 thanks from Lou and I! :D miss you love! Coffee? (; x

@Mackenzie_Love<33: @EleanorCalder you know it (; xx

The next tweet gave me a heart attack.

@ZaynMalik: @Mackenzie_Love<33 call me.