Battlefield

Mackenzie's POV

The door closed, and I instantly looked up to see Zayn coming in with Colby in his arms.

He looked at me with no expression on his face before he put Colby down and the puppy I yelled at hours ago went to the kitchen to eat, without taking a single glance at me.

This was the worst punishment.

I hated what I did. Now that I realized the mistakes that I made, I feel horrible. I admit I don't know how to control my temper but these are my instincts I'm talking about, I can't help but feel jealous.

But what I did to Colby was no instinct. I was stressed out about Zayn and Chucky that I didn't realize the actions I was going to take until I did them.

Now I really did feel horrible and feel ashamed for how stupid I was.

But how was I going to explain that to Zayn?

Talk things out, Demi's voice played in my head. I know how you two get..

I nodded, knowing Demi was right.

Without taking a second thought, I got up from my spot on the couch and followed Zayn, who had gone upstairs into his art room.

I walked through the hallway before opening the door to where Zayn did his graffiti.

It was beautiful, the amount of effort and love he puts into this room shows how passionate he is over art, not just singing.

Zayn was crouched down, spray painting a cardboard paper red. He quickly noticed my presence in the room. "What are you doing here? Am I going to get yelled at, too?"

Ouch.

I was going to give him a comeback but decided against it, knowing that it wasn't going to make things any better, but worse.

"No, I came here to apologize.. For everything."

"I'm listening." He still didn't face me.

I sighed, knowing that he wasn't going to get up like a civilized person. "I'm sorry for getting into another fight. I realized that it wasn't the best choice to make, and I won't do it again. I'm sorry for yelling at Colby, I never meant to yell at him, I was just frustrated with everything that happened. And I'm also sorry for being a stupid jealous overprotective girlfriend. Will you forgive me?"

Without saying anything, Zayn got up from his spot, leaving the can of spray paint down, and looked at me with a stern but yet calm face. "Come here, babe."

He opened his arms for me and I couldn't feel any more relieved.

Being wrapped in his arms was one of my most favorite feelings in the world. It showed me how protective he was over me and how he would do anything to keep me safe.

"I'm not mad anymore." He said after a few minutes after rocking us back and forth in his arms. "All I wanted was for you to realize your mistakes and apologize. I promise that I won't get mad anymore. I forgive you."

"Thank you."

He kissed my forehead lovingly.

"You should apologize to Colby too."

I nodded, unwrapping my arms from his waist and exiting the room with him behind me before we descended the stairs and walked over to the puppy that was resting on the couch.

"Hey baby."

He looked hesitant, afraid that I'd yell at him again, but I was most definitely not going to do that again.