Unexpected

Today was October 5.

The boys were going to two interviews today: Capital FM Radio and Daybreak.

I wasn't going to go. Instead, I had a meeting for my new album with my manager Chris Brown, he discovered me when I was seven years old and when I was living in LA.

Safaa asked if she could tag along and I was more than happy to take her with me. Waliyha couldn't come because she was going to spend time with her cousins. Colby was with Zayn. Zayn said he wanted to take him so I let him take him.

"Can we get ice cream after the meeting?" Safaa asked from the back seat of the car.

I looked through the review mirror and gave her a smile. "Of course."

"Yes!" She cheered, putting her hands up in the air for victory.

------

"So you could start recording in two weeks and then three weeks after that, we can release the album. You told me you already had some songs written and the melodies done." Chris said across the table.

We were here at the meeting for at least half an hour. Chris was in town here in London so it was easy to meet up. We were at the management building up at the top floor. Safaa and I were on one side of the table and Chris was sitting across from us.

"Yeah, all I need to do is record the music and get it all figured out. So that's it?" I asked him.

"Basically, yeah. After releasing the album you are going to be promoting the album for five months and then you'll start touring a week after the promoting is done." He said.

Damn, so much time. What's going to happen to my friends? Am I going to be able to see them once in a while? What about Zayn? Am I going to stand being away from him that long? What about Colby? Who's going to take care of him? No answers. I just need to figure it all out. "A-Alright."

"You okay,Mik?" Chris asked, reaching to put his hand on my shoulder . He was the only one who called me Mik. He didn't want anyone else calling me that. He wanted to have his own nick name for me.

"Yeah.. It's just... That's a lot of time away...." I thought.

Chris shrugged. "That's what happens when you're a super star, you have to deal with being away from your loved ones. But you can do this."

"Yeah." I sighed.

-------

"What are you going to tell Zayn, Mickey?" Safaa asked as she licked her strawberry icecream.

We were at the icecream shop. After leaving the meeting with Chris, I remembered Safaa asking for icecream after the meeting so we came here which was across the street.

I signed and licked my chocolate chip mint icecream before answering. "I don't know baby. It's going to be hard."

"Maybe you should do something to cheer him up first and then BAM. Tell him the news and it won't be so bad." She suggested and licked her icecream once again.

I laughed and high fived her. "Safaa you are so smart."

She shrugged. "I know."

-------

"What about this Mickey?!" Safaa called out from the other side of the store.

Safaa and I came shopping after eating our icecream. We were looking for clothes for Zayn, a part of our plan to give him the news and because I loved him and wanted to get him something.

I looked over at Safaa and there she held a jean jacket. Zayn liked to wear what was in style and jean jackets were in style right now so this would be perfect for him.

"Good job babe. Put it in the cart." I told her.

After two hours of shopping, we had bought three jean jackets, two pairs of shoes, three jackets, hair spray, gel, a mirror, and a 'Cool kids don't dance' shirt for Zayn.

Yep. That'll do the trick.

------

"He's going to be so happy Mickey!" Safaa said happily while she got in the car on the backseat.

"Hopefully." I said, getting in the drivers seat.

"Trust me, Mickey, he'll LOVE it." She assured me.

I laughed .

All of a sudden, my phone started to ring. I grabbed it from out of my pocket and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked.

I regret answering.