Loved You First

Zayn's POV

The lads and I were on the red carpet for the Jingle Ball. The event took place around Christmas time and they made the event for the fans to come and watch different artists perform.

The lads and I were going to perform along with Little Mix, The Wanted (our enemies), Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, and Mackenzie.

I honestly have no idea how I'm going to cope watching my ex girlfriend with another guy. I knew I was going to rage with jealousy.

Luckily Perrie wasn't going to be here because she just got her tonsils out and she couldn't perform so she was going to stay home while her mom took care of her.

As for The Wanted... Let me just tell you I was holding back a fight. So were Louis and Liam. I didn't expect them to join me but when they found out what those fucking pricks said about Mackenzie, they were on board. They always had my back.

As we took pictures on the red carpet, I could hear the screams from the fans yelling out two familiar names.

'MACKENZIE!'

'JUSTIN!'

Turning my head to the left, I saw my ex in a brown long sleeve with black pocka dots printed on it along with a black leather skirt and black small heels. She looked gorgeous. She always did.

Bieber wore a camouflage tank top, saggy black leather pants, and Nike shoes. His hair was in a quiff and he wore black sunglasses.

Justin had his arm around Mackenzie's waist and she had one hand on her hip posing for the cameras. As much as I hated to admit it, they did make an attractive couple. But one thought came into my mind.

I loved her first.

"Zayn, we're going inside." Harry shook my shoulder for my attention. I must've been too focused on the new celebrity couple.

"Zayn are you okay?" Harry had noticed my disturbed mood.

"I'm fine." I finally turned to face him and started heading inside.

"If you wanna talk-" Harry offered but I cut him off.

"I'm fine Harry."

Hopefully he bought it but I didn't.

--------

Mackenzie's POV

After taking pictures on the red carpet, I waited backstage with Justin until we would perform.

"You think he bought it?" Justin asked from the couch in the waiting room. Thank god we were the only ones here we couldn't risk anyone hearing in on our plan.

"Of course he did, everyone did." I said as I paced around the room. "I'm just wondering about what he's thinking. Didn't you see how he stared at us in the carpet?"

"Yeah." Justin agreed. "He looked pretty pissed."

"But that's good right?" I stopped in my tracks for Justin's answer.

"Of course it does." He nodded. "It means he does care that we're dating and not in a good way."

I took a deep breath before responding. "Okay."

"Justin Bieber, you're up in five minutes." The speakers said.

Justin got up from the couch on cue and stood in front of me. He was about to say something until his eyes popped open from back of me.

"Justin what's wrong?"

He looked back at me, his eyes going back to normal. "Uh, Kenzie, I think it's time for our first kiss, Zayn's headed our way."