I Wish

Zayn's POV

I was there through the whole call between Harry and Mackenzie. I didn't tell Harry to call her, he just told me he was going to call her and urged me into hearing the conversation. I heard Harry tell her about my fight with the clowns and about Colby.

Harry ended the call by getting mad at Mackenzie for warning him about Taylor Swift. I didn't blame her though. That chick has been dating more people than I have. No, I'm not a player. I've just been trying to look for the one.

And now I lost her.

------

I went on twitter a couple days later and congratulated Louis and Eleanor for their first year anniversary. I remember mine and Mackenzie's very clearly. We had gone sky diving even though I was scared of heights.

Mackenzie was more of a daredevil and urged me to do things I usually wouldn't do. That's one of the things that I loved about her. She's not afraid. Another reason why I wrote that song 'She's Not Afraid.'

After I congratulated the two lovebirds, I saw that Mackenzie had congratulated them,too.

@Mackenzie_Love

Then I did the most daring thing I could possibly do.

@ZaynMalik: @Mackenzie_Love

I don't know why I even tweeted her that. I just wanted to know how she was and how Colby was. I still cared about them. A lot.

I just needed to hear her voice.

-------

Mackenzie's POV

My eyebrows immediately furrowed. He wanted me to call him?

Why?

The curiosity overtook me and I took out my phone and dialed Zayn's number.

"Hey." A deep voice said through the line. "I didn't think you'd actually call.." It sounded pretty quiet so I was guessing that he was alone and the boys were gone.

"Oh well I did." I said. "Why'd you want me to call you?" My curiosity kept begging me to ask him.

The phone line started ruffling. He was probably moving. "I honestly don't know. I guess I just wanted to know how you were doing."

"Oh. Well I'm fine."

"How's Colby?" He asked.

"He's doing great. He's getting bigger."

"Really?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Oh well I was wondering if I could drop by tomorrow to go see him." Zayn spoke. "I miss him a lot."

"Yeah, sure. But what about your blonde? Wouldn't she get pissed that you're coming to your ex's house?" I honestly didn't give two shits about Chucky, I just wanted to see what he was going to say.

"Perrie won't mind." He said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

------

The next day I was home alone with Colby again. Dad and grandma went for a walk around Malibu beach. We were laying on the couch being lazy butts until we heard a knock on the door.

Colby barked while I walked over and opened it. Right in front of me was Zayn. He was without his quiff and instead had his hair jet black and all ruffled down. He wore a white shirt with a blue sweater over it and jeans with some Jordan's. The ones that I had bought him.

Before I could say anything, Colby barked and ran towards Zayn.

Zayn noticed and bent down to catch the puppy in his arms, grinning. "Hey buddy." Colby kicked him and his tail wiggled meaning that he was happy.

I haven't seen this in such a long time.

-------

We were in my backyard playing with Colby as he ran around. I offered Zayn some food but he said no. Harry was right. Zayn wasn't eating as much as he used to. I'll have to bring up that topic soon.

"Congratulations on the number one singles." Zayn said as we stood next to each other while Colby ran to the other side of the yard to catch the flying disk that Zayn threw.

"Thanks. Congrats on the number one album." I told him.

"Thanks." He smiled. "Did you already buy it?"

"Yeah." I grinned. "I have it on replay, you guys did amazing on this album. I'm sure the fans are loving it."

Zayn smiled and threw the disk again while Colby chased after it."Hey Mackenzie?" Zayn asked.

I turned to him. "Yes?"

"She's Not Afraid, They Don't Know About Us, Kiss You, C'mon C'mon, I Would, Over Again." He said.

"Huh?"

"Those are the songs I wrote about you."

"Oh.."

"Yeah I didn't mean to make this awkward, I just figured you had a right to know." He put his hands in his pockets and looked down at the ground.

"Hey." I stood in front of him and lifted his chin up. "It's okay, I understand."

He nodded. "Okay."

I crossed my arms ready to change the subject. "Now tell me why you aren't eating healthy."

Zayn froze. "I-I.."

"And don't lie to me." I scolded him. "Even though we're not together anymore, I still deeply care about you. No tell me why? Or I'll kick your Bradford bad boy ass."

Zayn laughed before replying. "I don't know I guess I just stopped eating as much as I used to ever since we broke up."

I froze.

Zayn noticed and shook his head immediately. "This isn't your fault Mick, okay? It's mine. Okay? I promise I'll eat more just please don't be mad at yourself for something you didn't cause. I'll do anything. I'll eat more KFC I promise."

I nodded and giggled. "I remember we would eat KFC at least once a week."

Zayn smiled and blushed.

"Hey Hunny, who's this?" My dad stood at the door.

Zayn and I turned to him.

"Umm, this is Zayn." I said.

Zayn shook my dad's hand. "It's nice to meet you sir."

"You too son." My dad nodded. "Grandma and I will be in the movie room okay, Mick?"

"Okay." I nodded.

After my dad left, Zayn sighed very deeply.

"You okay?" I laughed.

"That was my first time meeting your dad Mick, how do you think I am?"

I laughed.

"Stop." Zayn blushed and playfully shoved me.

"Hey!"

-------

It was time for Zayn to go so Colby and I said goodbye to him by the door.

"It's time for daddy to go Colby but be good with mommy, okay?" Zayn hugged Colby and kissed his furry cheek before setting him down.

No words can describe how much I missed this.

"I'll see you later Mickey." Zayn hugged me.

"Bye." I whispered.

I didn't want him to leave. We were having so much fun playing with Colby.

Zayn smiled before leaving and I saw him drive off.

-------

Zayn's POV

I was back in the UK. I had so much fun playing with Mickey and Colby that I didn't want to come back home. I laid on my bed and rested for a couple minutes before receiving a call.

Perrie.