Chapter 14

After the incident, Aquamarine was able to convince Blackout to talk to her in private.

"Where are we going to talk?" Blackout asked, still a bit skeptical about this whole 'talking things out' thing.

"That is a... Good question..." Aquamarine mumbled to herself. She thought for a moment, then remembering where she felt the most calm in this school. "How about the lake near our dormitory?"

Blackout blinked in confusion. "There's a lake over there?"

Aquamarine nodded. "Yeah, I was getting nervous being here and I decided to go down there. It's really neat!"

Blackout shrugged. "Eh, I guess it'd be hopefully private. As long as no one's there, sure. I'll meet you there."

Aquamarine somewhat lit up at the thought. "Okay! Are you wanting to set a time, or..."

"You're free right now aren't you?" Blackout raised an eyebrow, and Aquamarine nodded slowly. "Great. So I'll meet you there."

Aquamarine blinked, as Blackout walked off. "Er, okay..." she mumbled out, but Blackout was long gone. She shrugged it off, and turned towards the elevators.

After a ten minute walk – which was unfortunately one of the most horrible things in this school to Aquamarine – she found herself over at the lake, where Blackout was already waiting impatiently. Aquamarine made her way over to him, but immediately paused, feeling that same feeling of a hug as she stepped close to the lake. She zoned out immensely, just enjoying the touch. It was a motherly touch, and she loved it. She didn't want to let go of it.

Something grabbed her by the arm, dragging her back to reality. She realized she was standing on the edge of the lake, and jumped back, not thinking about how the necklace would keep her safe from the water that was merely inches away from her. SHe tumbled out of the grasp, and hit the ground with a loud thud.

"What the heck is wrong with you?" Blackout sneered, and Aquamarine realized he was the one who snapped her back to reality. "I saw you coming, then you just.. I don't know... zoned out. You started walking into the lake, but some weird thing happened. The water that was supposed to touch you just... evaporated into your necklace? What the heck?"

Aquamarine blinked, slowly comprehending what Blackout just said, as she was still a little out of it. "I- I don't know. I just... I don't know. My necklace just keeps water from touching me so I don't transform, that's all I can tell you."

Blackout narrowed his eyes "So you don't transform? What is with you? First you just say some broad sea creature for your species, and now I learn that your dumb necklace is stopping you from transforming? What exactly are you, Aquamarine?"

Aquamarine gulped, her throat immediately going dry. "I'm, ugh... I'm... it's a touchy subject for me, okay? Can you please respect that?"

"I can, but you're awfully suspicious. I've already asked Atlatnic, and his lips were sealed. You're mighty confusing, Aquamarine. I need to know what you are. Call it some weird habit or fidget, I don't care. I don't like when people are hiding stuff from me."

Aquamarine turned to leave, when Blackout grabbed her by the shoulders. "Hands off! I don't have to tell you anything!"

"And why is that!? It's no big deal for everybody else... Why are you like this, Aquamarine!?" Blackout raised his voice.

"I said hands. Off!" Aquamarine shoved Blackout away, who tumbled back. Too angry to be surprised by her own strength, Aquamarine yelled out, "maybe instead of worrying about yourself, you should worry more about school. Or Atlantic. I don't care, just don't talk to me again. Don't talk to me, don't look at me, don't even think about me! You're a jerk! I genuinely don't know why Atlantic deals with your crap..." she stormed off, wringing her hands into fists. Blackout yelled something she couldn't comprehend, her head too busy giving off steam.

On the way back to her dorm, she somehow managed to calm down. Placing her hand on her dorm's door handle, she took a deep breath. Turning the door handle, she was immediately met with an upset Electra.

Aquamarine gulped nervously once more, as Electra's angry face was much more scary than she ever thought Electra could be.