Chapter 3

Aquamarine felt herself dry off as she was teleported to the school that caused her constant nights of anxiety, and she watched herself transform into her regular form. Her fin slowly morphed into a pair of two legs, and light blue ribbons found themselves wrapping around her feet.

As the rainbow pixie dust fluttered around her, she took a deep breath, preparing for the worst. Eventually the pixie dust faded around her, and the light transferred into another Portal Room. She saw many other students arriving, some hugging, of all shapes and sizes.

Aquamarine took one step forward, but immediately found her legs insanely wobbly, as she was not used to walking. Atlantic simply hopped off. With his surfing hobby, he'd learned to have pretty good balance on his legs. Aquamarine was about to plummet to the floor, when she felt a hand grip over her forearm, hot to the touch. Aquamarine grimaced, yanking away. She looked up, to see it was a boy trying to help her.

The boy looked at her for a second, then at his hand, before saying with a sneer, "Watch your step, you almost face planted into the ground."

"O-oh, I'm so sorry... You see-" Aquamarine was about to explain herself, but was quickly interrupted.

"It doesn't matter whatever your petty little excuse is, just be careful next time," The boy rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Another boy, seemingly older than the annoyed one, came up. "Blackout, we talked about this... Try to be more calm while talking to people, alright?"

The boy, now known as Blackout, kicked at the ground with a snarl. "Whatever," He hissed, storming off.

The other sighed, and turned to Aquamarine. "I... I'm sorry about my brother. My brother can be quite... Fiery. Don't take it to heart, that's just his personality."

Aquamarine let out a small smile. "It's alright. I get it..." She felt her shoulder, and winced as there was a burn on her arm.

The boy seemed to notice. "Oh, he burned you, didn't he..? He's a volcanic spirit, you see, so he can be dangerous to the touch if you're not used to it."

"I-it's fine, I have some bandages in my luggage, I'll clean it up later."

The boy nodded. "Alrighty. I'm Drake, by the way," He held out his hand for Aquamarine to shake.

Aquamarine smiles, taking his hand and shaking it. "I'm Aquamarine."

"And I'm Atlantic!" Atlantic's voice suddenly appeared behind Aquamarine, causing her to let out a small squeak.

"Atlantic-! Quit sneaking up on me!" Aquamarine demanded sharply, smoothing back her hair that had frizzled while she was in the portal. SHe turned to Drake, sighing. "I'm... So sorry about him."

Drake chuckled lightly, nodding. "Oh, it's alright! Is he your brother?"

"No, more of a bother," Aquamarine eyed Atlantic playfully, who did an over dramatic gasp. "He's my cousin."

Drake hummed, "oh, okay. Well, I better get going. I'm a senior, so I've spent quite some time here. If you need any help, just let me know!"

Aquamarine watched Drake walk off. "How'd he know we were freshmen?"

"I think it's pretty obvious, considering how you almost went crash getting off the teleporter!" Atlantic shrugged.

"It's not my fault! You think I'm used to walking on these dumb legs?" Aquamarine said defensively, gesturing towards her legs.

Atlantic snickered. "I'm just kidding, sis! C'mon, let's go to our dorms. Our dorms are close, since they gave you one close to the special needs dorms."

Aquamarine agreed, and Atlntic took her hand, dragging her to the building with a sign that in bright neon yellow letters said, Dormitory, plants lit

tering the sides of it.