Chapter 51

Atlantic followed the two brothers hesitantly as they entered the Griffin Manor. Atlantic felt like he didn't belong where all the rich and important stuff was, but he knew that to the others it didn't really matter if he wasn't super rich like they seemed to be.

Blackout held the door open, smiling at Atlantic as he walked on through. Once he and Drake were into the manor, Blackout closed the door. Drake hollered out, "Dad, we're home!" There was some shuffling from down the hall, before a man that looked like Drake but

older appeared. He saw who was in his house, and instantly smiled. "Oh, welcome back, boys! Blackout, is this the friend you were telling me about?" he gestured to Atalntic, who subconsciously grabbed Blackout's hand nervously.

"Yeah," Blackout nodded in agreement. 'Dad, this is Atlantic. Atlantic, this is my dad."

Mr. Griffin stuck out his hand. "Ah, lovely to meet you! I'm Mr. Griffin, Drake and Blackout's father."

Atlantic hesitantly shook hands with Mr. Griffin. "I-it's nice to meet you, too."

Mr. Griffin smiled. "He seems nice, Blackout. Good work on finally making a friend!"

Atlantic eyed Blackout, and whispered, "you didn't tell him, did you?"

"Not... necessarily..." Blackout mumbled back, a bit of awkwardness slipping into his tone.

"Hmm? Are you talking about me?" Mr. Griffin hummed, raising an eyebrow. "Is there something you two aren't telling me?"

"Well, here's the thing..." Blackout put his hands up to his mouth to enclose a sigh that escaped from his mouth. "We're dating."

"Oh? Is it due to that one thing you told me about? What was it..? Bi... bicycle-..." Mr. Griffin stuttered to find the word he was looking for.

"Bisexaul, yeah, "Blackout nodded.

Mr. Griffin nodded. "Well, then I'm glad you didn't decide to date a felon!" he then seemed to think, before turning to Atlantic. "You... don't have a criminal record, correct?" "N-no, I don't," Atlantic shook his head firmly, though a bit worriedly. He may have been nervous, but he didn't want Mr. Griffin to be able to see through him.

Mr. Griffin smiled. "Well, that'll be it, then! I'm completely fine with you dating him, Blackout."

Blackout grinned the tiniest bit. "Yeah... thanks..."

"Well, I suppose you can show him to the guest room. I hope you enjoy your stay with us, Atlantic."

Atlantic showed a little polite smile. "I'm sure I will," he agreed with a tiny nod.

Atlantic put his bag on the guest room bed. Blackout had escaped into his own room to do something, and Drake had gone out of town to meet up with an old friend. This left Atlantic alone to get used to this seemingly new world before him. He glanced outside the window, seeing the abandoned wasteland-like area before him. He never expected the dragons to be living in a desert like this, but he had to admit. It looked kind of cool.

Atlantic looked in the distance, seeing a whole bunch of grey cement blocks sticking out of the ground, some in a special shape others just elongated cement bricks. He raised an eyebrow in confusion. They were all in rows and columns, and it was a strange sight to see the Atlantic. He wondered what they were ,staring on at them in awe as he tried to figure out this mystery that seemed to have suddenly arised.

Eventually, Atlantic shrugged and hesitantly sat on the bed as he opened his bag. He got out his laptop, and began to play some game there for a while. At some point, there was a knock on the door followed by a voice. Atlantic glanced at the door. "Hello?"