A Black Birthday

Few days to clocking a century year old vampire, Aliona had been locked inside for days, restricted from coming out, her punishment for befriending the head servant's daughter. Her governess had been ordered to pause her lessons till further notice.

She had been so carried away by the excitement on her friend's eyes, dancing and jumping around with her that she forgot the governess would arrive soon. Not until she met her father's enraged look. Her legs buckled in shock, she detangled herself from Mariah at the speed of light, lost for words, she stepped back in fright. How did he find their hideout? she wondered. She had been so careful that she couldn't believe she had been discovered that easily.

The disappointed look on her mother's face was better than the pure hatred pouring out of her father's as he starred down at Mariah. Ali had no doubt that the head-servant and her daughter would be scolded severely.

The chimed clock brought her back to the present, notifying her that her party will begin in few hours, her lady-in-waiting had started preparing her bath, she got up slowly from the bed, not looking forward to her party as much as her parents were. She couldn't wait to get it done and come back to the comfort of her room.

Adorned in a golden gown, marching her hair, a teardrop erring was perfectly fitted to her ears, her hair was packed up to allow her golden necklace be shown off for everyone to see. Her hair was decorated with small golden rings atop her bun, shinning brightly as the reflection of light played around it, she had to admit that Mary outdid herself this time around, looking at her reflection in the mirror, she was blown by the pretty as a princess golden girl starring back at her.

She descended the stairs with less enthusiasm expected of a celebrant, seeing numerous faces gazing at her with admiration, most of which she didn't know, her father's guests and acquaintance filled the ball room. Two large cakes were on display and her thought quickly went to whom the second cake was meant for; she wondered how she was doing.

Her plan was to carry one of the cakes to their hideout for her to celebrate and eat to her heart's content, sharing the rest with her other friends.

"Happy birthday, Aliona!" her thought was cut short when she found herself in the midst of her fellow Purebloods. She smiled politely with them, looking at one after the other to see anyone who was genuinely wishing her a happy birthday and as usual, most of them weren't and as quickly as they wished her, they moved on to discuss things she wasn't interested in. One of the daughters of her father's close friends, May, spoke up, "as the friends of the celebrant, we have prepared a special gift for you, come along", she beckoned. Ali was hesitant about the special gift in addition to staying in their midst for long, knowing how spiteful and snobbish they were, she doubted whatever their present was, would be to her liking.

May was not going to let her plans go down the drain, she quickly pulled Ali and tugged her towards the door to prevent her from worming her way out. She had instead decided against telling their friends about Ali's relationship with the wretched girl, rather show them by backing her to a corner.

With the help of the others who were ignorant of her plans, they persuaded Ali to join them in the other room, which May had set up, the round dining table which consist of six chairs had a generous amount of delicacy on it, along with a small red velvet cake, the red velvet cake looked strange, looking at it clearly, apparently blood had been mixed with it. May beamed in satisfaction seeing the cringed look on Ali, "like it?" She asked

Ali sniffed the air coming from the direction of the cake, she could practically taste the sweet familiar metallic compound present in the blood, it's scent was quite inviting.

She subtly shrunk her nose after she guessed the blood to belong to human. Ali drinks blood only when necessary, however, she hardly tastes the human blood except when they acquiesced. Most vampires lose control when taking the human blood, seeing how rich it is compared to animal blood. She was quite satisfied with the animal blood which she consumed solely to survive and not as a meal.