Bolts of Purple Lights

Xavier sighed with relief as his abilities gradually came back, his hands shook while drying the sweat which had formed on his forehead. Clearing the table where the empty jug of blood was, his ears piqued immediately when his super hearing ability came back and he could hear the quick steps of his butler as he paced in front of his wing.

Hearing the fast pounding of his hearts as well, he knew something must have gone wrong while he was in his human form. Hurriedly, he tied his sleeping robe around his waist to meet Herbert.

"What happened?"

Startled by the sound, the butler quickly walked to his master and explained Seraphine's visit to him.

"Get my horse ready, I'll be right back" he ordered while shedding his clothes for a more comfortable one. Judging by what Herbert recounted, Seraphine must have gone back to the shelter, he hoped she took at least one of the twins with her as she had told Herbert.

"Send some men to check the Manchester Mansion to know if Seraphine came by" mounting the horse as swiftly as expected. He needed a means of transport that was faster than a carriage, since he was just recovering, his ability to fly required more energy than what he had at the moment, and it was always the last to appear.

He swung off the horse as they got closer to the pawn shop, not bothering himself to knock, he made his way to her room, walking as stealthy as possible, he quickly checked her room to confirm if she was back before heading to the shelter.

"Master Xavier, what are you doing here so early in the morning?" Mr. Pawn raised his brows as he stood on his doorway, even though he didn't verbally asked why he was coming from Seraphine's bedroom which was inappropriate for a gentleman, his face was already doing the asking.

"Seraphine might be in danger" Xavier walked passed the old man as he made his way out to head to the shelter.

The old man quickly peeped into the room whose door was wide open and didn't seem to have the girl inside, "what do you mean she might be in danger?" Running after Xavier who had mounted the horse.

Before he could say anything to the old man, they were blinded by the bright ray of purple light which shot high up into the sky. Xavier's heart leapt, never had he feared for himself or anyone else until now, he knew he had to take Seraphine away from there before anyone finds her, that is, if someone else had not discovered her.

"What is happening?"

Both men were struck with awe as they stared at the sky which still held the effect of the purple light. A blanket of lavender still illuminated the night sky, casting it's shade on the roof of the building.

The hoof of the horse as the thudded heavily on the ground made the old man looked sideways to see the retreating back of Xavier.
*********

Seraphine heaved, fluttering her eyes opened, the remnant of the surge of energy which coursed through her eyes made her its socket itched. Her eyes shimmered with an extraordinary light.

Her irises, once a shade of white, now glowed with a vibrant purple hue, radiating an intensity that mirrored the fury burning in her soul. As she stepped forward, each footfall echoed with newfound confidence, her senses heightened and attuned to the slightest movement around her. Directing her anger one after the other at Damien's minions, the stacks of chairs dismantled in pieces as the chair legs caged each person to a corner.

In that moment, Seraphine knew that she had been transformed, that Phemerah's Eyes are fully inhabitants of her sockets,  her ordinary self giving way to something extraordinary. 

"Annaliese" exclaiming as she ran to her, covering her half naked state. with the sight, she could see the movement of the witcharves as they curled around her vein, her bloodstream was starting to get darkened as a result of the poison.

"Tell me how to take away your pain" laying her carefully on the floor to ease her discomfort.

Forcing out a weak smile, "only if I can get the antidote on time or look for a way to get the nucleus of the poison out."

"Nucleus? What does it look like?"

"It is usually bigger in size than the other and farther away from the rest, birthing more at a faster rate to weaken its prey."

"Do you know where you were injected?"

"On my shoulder"

Seraphine traced the minuscule creature which couldn't have been seen by an ordinary eye as they swirl in her blood pipe. She quickly located the nucleus which was a little bigger and darker  than the rest.

"I've found it, what can I do?"

"Take it out"

Confused on how to take out the deadly creature, she looked down on her thigh when she felt Annaliese placed an object on it.

"Rip it out" the witch ordered.

With a brisk pace, she nipped the back of her neck where the blood-staining thing was located. Sputtering dark blood, she watched the moment after the nucleus dropped out, others swam to the nipped area, joining their birth mother.

Few seconds later, a sigh of relief escaped from Annaliese as she closed her eyes.

From her peripheral vision, she saw as clearly as a day, the shadow of the two men trying to free themselves from behind the chair legs which caged them, heading towards them with determination.

"How dare you touch her!" She roared with anger, it only took the blink of an eye. Joanne - who was also trying to gain her freedom has quietened - watched in fear as Seraphine smashed the two men against one another just by the lift of her eye lid. Everyone heard the crack in their finger bones as they shoot their hands up in the air, crying for help.

"That's for laying your filthy hands on her"

They groaned in pain, weeping loudly as the men started touching themselves, an act which was fruitless since their hands had turned boneless, writhing in pain as their blood boiled.

"I'm burning!" One cried

"Water!" The other one yelled.

Freeing her, Joanne shouted when an invisible force dragged her by her horn towards Seraphine who grabbed her head and yanked her face to hers, making sure she looked right into her eyes before letting go.

Seconds later, coming out of what appeared to be a trance, she screamed from the bottom of her belly, "get away from me" warding off whatever she thought was chasing her. The noise as she shouted at the top of her lungs could be heard throughout the building as she kept on with the act.

"That's for involving innocent creatures in a barbaric act" Seraphine muttered in satisfaction.

Pushing the shouts of the two men she had earlier punished to the background. Seraphine saw Damien behind the pole clearly despite the fact that he had blanketed himself with a cloaking robe. With a swift turn of her eyes, she shifted the pole gradually and uncloaked him.

"I thought you said you could handle me" she mocked.